Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wild Exploits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
thelovedr
Hey yall, I was reading in another post (Noob players and mages) and I came across one of the most creative things I have ever heard of in Shadowrun. What are some of the most creative, exciting, or just plain cool things you or your players have done?

Note to rules lawyers: Shut up. Rule of cool reigns in this post.

Here is one to start us off
QUOTE (Wacky @ Jul 14 2009, 09:16 PM) *
Away from the subject of go/no go for lighting up the astral, my favorite combo (that I've yet to even try since I play the game as a player so rarely) is a dual spell combo.

First, assense a group of opponents. Best to do while invisible or while projecting (another good reason to project, you'll rarely bump into a group of security guards who can astrally perceive--at least not in the front lines of security).

Second, use your assencing skill to fined the guy with the lowest body score (this is important for two reasons).

Third, cast petrify to turn the weak man out to stone! If you target the lowest body strength guy in the squad he'll have the least chance of getting successes against you.

Fourth, quicken the spell! This will make the guy stone forever. Since you went with the weak guy, he'll have the lowest body and you'll need to spend as little karma as possible to pull this off.

Fifth, next cast animate to move the statue about. You have a mini-stone golem at your dispossil! Since the petrify spell only affects living tissue his armor is still in place and will offer him even more resistence against bullets and such.

Finally, have a spirit sustain the spell for you! The higher the spirit's force the longer it'll last but it should be long enough to scare/injure the opposition and make a name for you as a bad @$$ on the streets. If you pay some karma into this you can use Long Term Binding and have your own pet golem for a year and a day. AWESOME!!!

Just my idea.

Sign--
Wacky

Aaron
Would it count as rules-lawyer-y to ask where the rules are for using assensing to discover a person's Body attribute?
knasser
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 19 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Would it count as rules-lawyer-y to ask where the rules are for using assensing to discover a person's Body attribute?

You can't by the rules, but a GM ought to answer a player if they ask "which one is the skinniest / most out of shape / least healthy looking one?"

My group go on their first magical run next time, so maybe I'll have a story to share soon. biggrin.gif
Garwllwyd
Well, my players once (rather grisly, I'm in a rather bizarre place of proud/not proud of it) were on a smuggling run and killed a security guard who accosted them -- they then went all Weekend At Bernie's SR-style, gutted part of the body, and put the contraband inside. It was so original I just had to let it succeed.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (Garwllwyd @ Jul 19 2009, 11:09 PM) *
Well, my players once (rather grisly, I'm in a rather bizarre place of proud/not proud of it) were on a smuggling run and killed a security guard who accosted them -- they then went all Weekend At Bernie's SR-style, gutted part of the body, and put the contraband inside. It was so original I just had to let it succeed.

It was easier to smuggle a corpse over some drugs? Wow wink.gif
thelovedr
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 19 2009, 03:19 PM) *
It was easier to smuggle a corpse over some drugs? Wow wink.gif

Really bizarre, but who would be looking for contraband inside a body that looks like the guy is BTLed out of his mind. Definitely creative, and pretty funny.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Garwllwyd @ Jul 19 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Garwllwyd--There are rules for corpse modifications and smuggling in Chapter 2 of Runners Companion, just in case they ever decide to do it again.
The Jake
In my Ghost Cartels campaign.

- J.
Blade
A crazy exploit I've heard about was using an armor spell (in SR3 where it was very powerful) and shaking hands with your victim... with C4 in your hand.
Garwllwyd
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 20 2009, 04:00 AM) *
Garwllwyd--There are rules for corpse modifications and smuggling in Chapter 2 of Runners Companion, just in case they ever decide to do it again.

Wow. Official rules on this. Who'd a thunk it.
BishopMcQ
Garwllwyd--I'm a sick bastard, what can I say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012