Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacker Nanites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jake
I'm looking at an NPC combat hacker build and I'm trying to find a way to make them useful. Is there a way you can turn them from Injection to Contact based? I presume DMSO is out.

I'm looking for options other than cyber gland + nanohive + spurs. Particularly creative uses too. They look fantastic but finding an ideal delivery system strikes me as problematic.

- J.
crizh
I would simply use Intruder(Activator) Nanites instead. I suppose you could use the new Dart Pistol in a Cyberarm.

There is also the possibility of using Nano-infectors, which I've just recently discovered and which rock in a major way.
The Jake
Thanks Crizh for the hint. I just checked Augmentation. The stats between Intruders vs Hacker Nanites are virtually identical, except Intruders can affect be spread by multiple vectors.

Nano-Infectors seem to be the way to go with what I'm thinking. Shame about the cost/availability (thankfully this is for an NPC so its ok).

Cheers,

- J.

crizh
The thing I really like about Nano-infectors is that you can load them up with beneficial systems as well as hostile stuff.

If you actually had the skill you could load them up with, say, Universal Nantidotes 9 and reprogram that Hard system into almost anything else you wanted as the mission profile altered.

You could sure make a fantastic combat medic with such a system...
The Jake
I presume that Nano Infectors can be preserved with a Nanohive too?

- J.
crizh
Yup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012