Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racist Political Parties
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jake
In reading the ghoul thread posted recently, I am wondering if there are any countries or governments that are predominantly human and racist. Japan was the closest but that has changed in recent times.
I'm suprised that with the increasing virulency of ghouls, SURGE, technomancers, etc, that a government, somewhere hasn't taken more extreme measures to maintaining a pro human/anti metahuman government.

What about the human population of Asamando revolting? Neighboring countries being taken over by a single government, uniting against a common threat, etc. That's just an example but I'm sure there are other potentials that are far more likely.

- J.
Fuchs
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jul 20 2009, 01:35 PM) *
In reading the ghoul thread posted recently, I am wondering if there are any countries or governments that are predominantly human and racist. Japan was the closest but that has changed in recent times.
I'm suprised that with the increasing virulency of ghouls, SURGE, technomancers, etc, that a government, somewhere hasn't taken more extreme measures to maintaining a pro human/anti metahuman government.

What about the human population of Asamando revolting? Neighboring countries being taken over by a single government, uniting against a common threat, etc. That's just an example but I'm sure there are other potentials that are far more likely.

What human population of Asamando? The livestock you mean?

Canon-wise I don't recall off hand a human-centric government.
The Jake
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Jul 20 2009, 12:42 PM) *
What human population of Asamando? The livestock you mean?

Canon-wise I don't recall off hand a human-centric government.

My understanding is that there is an indigenous population of humans that are more than chattel. I wish I could find the page quote. My take was that Asamondo are a suprisingly well run, well educated nation and supposedly a beacon to other 'less enlightened' nations.

- J.
MK Ultra
IIRC from SoE and C&D (german only), Swiss was quiet anti-meta-human (I think except the french speaking part, but am not sure). I´ll have to check, however. The theocracy of westphalia in the AGS was as well (anti-magic, also), but I´m not sure this is still up to date. Off the top of my head, I can´t think of any others, but I am sure, there are some out there, just as there are anti-human nations.
Fuchs
Feral cities, p. 74: "Some might consider
it ironic that the most stable African nation is made
entirely of “creatures� that the UN refuses to recognize
as sentient, much less as part of metahumanity. In 2030,
the sasabonsam (a local ghoul variant) in Africa came
together to claim a territory around the Black Volta
River. Lead by their charismatic queen, Th ema Laula,
the ghouls fi lled villages and consumed their inhabitants
(or infected them, depending on who’s telling the story)."

Nope, no humans there. (And my opinion of the whole "Asamando Utopia" is not fit to print.)
Apathy
Without a human population to support their dietary requirements how do the ghouls survive?
Fuchs
QUOTE (Apathy @ Jul 20 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Without a human population to support their dietary requirements how do the ghouls survive?

They import humans - in pieces, or alive.
Blade
Maybe they've got a successful tourism activity.

"Asamando! So great you'll never come back!"
"Nobody ever came back disappointed from a trip to Asamando!"
"In Asamando, you'll always be welcome for dinner!"
TBRMInsanity
There is a lot of war in that area of the world as well and I can imagine that the Asamandoians are more then happy to help clear off battlefields and offer cyberware clinics along their borders. Anything that results in Metahuman flesh that can be used for their nation. I know it is kinda sick to think but I also think that some of Africa's orphan population would also be "taken care of" as well.

Back on topic here is my short list of Racist Nations and what group they favour:
* Almost any nation in the Middle East (Humans)
* Tir nations (Elves)
* Asamando (Ghouls)
* Swizerland (Humans
* Japan (Humans)

This doesn't mean that these nations don't have Metahumans in their nations. They are just second class citizens and people care less if a second class citizens turns up dead in the street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012