Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You are so transparent, i can totally see through you!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
Just curious . . How would this work?
Would one trip those things if there were a ruthenium suit with many image scanners in between?
Nothing Edition Specific, nothing important, just something i thought an interesting question.
Vermithrax
Ruthenium doesnt bend light around you. It creates an image of what a person would normally see if they were looking at you from that direction. Any type of laser beam would be broken as a result of a person with ruthenium stepping in its path.
Machiavelli
Aaaaah, an ghoul....RUN....HE WILL INFECT US WITH.....äääähmm....GHULISM?^^
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Vermithrax @ Jul 23 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Ruthenium doesnt bend light around you. It creates an image of what a person would normally see if they were looking at you from that direction. Any type of laser beam would be broken as a result of a person with ruthenium stepping in its path.

OK
knasser
It's like a suit made of TV. smile.gif
Stahlseele
You know, i never thought of it like that . . that actually helps me understand/picture it better . . thank you ^^
crash2029
Although improved invisibility would theoretically let you walk through lasers.

Or you could use Quicksilver.
Stahlseele
Yes, i know about improved invisibility . . and damn it, yes, i even know that trashy thing of a TV-Series . .
Only one good thing in there. They actually pointed out the problem with him being able to see, even though the stuff covered his eyes and made light go around him.
Muspellsheimr
of Doom!
siel
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Although improved invisibility would theoretically let you walk through lasers.

Or you could use Quicksilver.

For a second I thought you meant you can ignore laser weapons with improved invisibility.

Improved invisibility creates an actual warping of light around the subject that affects technological sensors as well.

Does that mean you can actually see the laser bending around the body and hitting the other end of the sensor? Would the laser bending be visible to another sensor like a video cam? 

"Sure you don't show up on the camera, but the camera totally see the laser bending around you"

Ravor
Personally I don't see the spell as being effective enough to perfectly bend the light around you and fool sensors, but that's just me.
Stahlseele
No, please, not this discussion about improved invisibility again <.< . .
But with that wording, yes, lasers would be ineffectual against you.
And you would also be blind. And Freeze to death.
Ravor
*Chuckles* So you ask us not to discuss something and then have to add your own two cents?

Nah, at best Improved Invisibility should grant armor towards lasers in the same way that Silence works agaisnst sonic attacks.
Stahlseele
I can live with that.
And yes, i am afraid, i am too easy to bait sometimes ^^
Ravor
I just want to add that I really got a chuckle out of your edited add-ons. Thanks for brightening my day.
Stahlseele
Hey, no biggie ^^
If i can make someone smile or laugh, my day has not been wasted ^^
crash2029
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 28 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Hey, no biggie ^^
If i can make someone smile or laugh, my day has not been wasted ^^

Your quips are not wasted on me, just look at my sig.
Stahlseele
The Hek, now i have been sigged at least two times allready . . thank you ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012