Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battlerun needs you! Gain immortality on the Wall of Honor!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JM Hardy
All right people! ENnie voting is now live! Go to http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/voting.asp to vote for Battlerun! And vote for Battletech: The Corps! And CthuluTech! And Catalyst Game Labs for Best Publisher!

But maybe me just saying you should do it is not incentive enough. Maybe you want something more. Well, sir or madam, we can help you with that. For this Very Special occasion, we have developed the Battlerun Wall of Honor. It's on Flickr at http://bit.ly/3lqIP4 --check it out! You can add to it my letting me know you voted Battlerun in the ENnies. Just tell me you voted, and then give me a name or alias or any other message of 25 characters or less, and I'll add it to the wall! I'll even give you a few extra characters if your name/message is particularly funny.

But maybe that's not enough. Maybe you need more reasons to vote for Battlerun. Well, I just happen to have a few more--ten more to be specific!

Top ten reasons to vote for Battlerun as Best Free Product

10. Battlerun has more sexy elf sexiness than any other free product.

9. Do any of the other nominees provide a cloned version of Thomas Bulfinch to help players with their mythology questions? Not that I saw!

8. The Ork Mechwarrior’s number one knowledge skill? Cockpit odors.

7. My ego is becoming dangerously close to “normal� level. An award of some sort would go a long way to restoring it to its customary “arrogant� status, and I’m a lot more entertaining when I’m arrogant. At least, more entertaining to myself.

6. There’s a spell in there for Turning a ‘Mech to Goo! Turning a freakin’ ‘Mech to Goo!

5. Not to speak ill about any other products, as I have the greatest respect for all of them, but what the hell is up with the layout of Hunter: the Gathering? I mean, yeah, my computer’s a little old, but it took forever to move from page to page because it had to load, like, five different layers for each page. I mean, honestly! Why couldn’t they flatten a few layers here and there? Right? I’m not crazy, am I?

4. Everyone puts Mary Sues in their games. We’re the only ones who admit it.

3. Need help dealing with players who won’t play right? Use this excerpt: “A small, extremely localized nuclear bomb goes off in the back room of The Brown Derby, completely disintegrating you and your stupid, stubborn crew. So suck on that, you bastards.�

2. It’s got a picture of a troll wrestling a ProtoMech or a dude in battle armor or something. Whatever it is, it’s awesome!

1. It has 108 footnotes! One hundred and eight! The other nominees, combined, have only 17. And as we all learned in high school, the more footnotes you have, the better grade you deserve!

Okay, that's all I've got for now. Thank you for your patience, and, especially, thank you for your vote!

Jason H.
BishopMcQ
Rock the vote, the cool kids are doing it.1 And some of the not so cool kids.2 But not the losers... 3 the losers are definitely not rocking the vote.4

----------
1Cool Kid is defined as any individual, indiscriminate of age who votes positively for BattleRun.
2Not so cool kid is defined as any individual, indiscriminate of age who votes for an Ennie Award but may not place BattleRun as number 1 in its category.
3Loser is defined as any individual who does not vote for an Ennies Award.
4Footnotes, not just for school.
Machiavelli
So i am a loser? *wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah*^^
Ryu
Put your name on the wall even before you fall...
Machiavelli
Thinking about it.^^
Bull
Jesus Jason, you're such a friggin troll! wink.gif

Good luck wink.gif
Stahlseele
I did voted . . take note when voting, that 20 is the WORST prossible rating and 1 is the best, for some counter-intuitive reason <.<
Draco18s
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Jul 25 2009, 10:23 PM) *
3. Need help dealing with players who won’t play right? Use this excerpt: “A small, extremely localized nuclear bomb goes off in the back room of The Brown Derby, completely disintegrating you and your stupid, stubborn crew. So suck on that, you bastards.�

Just FYI, you can't make a nuke smaller than 14 pounds. It simply doesn't enter fission.
Ryu
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 26 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Just FYI, you can't make a nuke smaller than 14 pounds. It simply doesn't enter fission.

Still, possibly a small enough device to end up on a desk. Hmm. "Not safe for Work"?

Critical mass

(And yeah, I voted.)
Stahlseele
You sure about that?
Is the critical Mass needed for nuclear explosion limited by a minimum of weight of material, or by how much of the material is trying to occupy a certain given space?

Damn it! too srow <.<
knasser
Have voted, but only for the few cases where I can make an informed choice. I simply am not playing any RPGs other than Shadowrun at the moment.
JM Hardy
Great response so far, everyone--thanks! Dozens of names have been added to the Wall of Honor. Check out the updated version here. And it's not too late to vote if you want your name on the wall--just go here.

Jason H.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 26 2009, 01:12 PM) *
You sure about that?
Is the critical Mass needed for nuclear explosion limited by a minimum of weight of material, or by how much of the material is trying to occupy a certain given space?

Surface area to volume. You can use less material by encasing it in a neutron shield, but I suspect that would keep it from exploding as you want the material to blow apart into tiny pieces while maintaining critical mass for a sufficient period of time.

In any case of minimum yield nukes, the blast radius isn't measured in feet. It's in "city blocks" or bigger.
Prime Mover
My votes are in!1
----------
1Willing to vote for anything that involves IE's and Mecha.
Stahlseele
I had that idea some years ago.
Started to write my own little crossover.
One HDD-Crash later, 500 DIN A4 PAges of Text gone, i decided not to bother anymore.
InfinityzeN
Votes have been cast. Shockingly, I own or play about 75% of the games mentioned on that list. Only thing that gave any comp was Mouse Guard. Come on, you play a Mouse... with a sword... and a cape... beating the heck out of wesals... snapping turtles... and running from foxes.
Blade
...and riding rabbits!
Draco18s
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jul 27 2009, 09:40 AM) *
Votes have been cast. Shockingly, I own or play about 75% of the games mentioned on that list. Only thing that gave any comp was Mouse Guard. Come on, you play a Mouse... with a sword... and a cape... beating the heck out of wesals... snapping turtles... and running from foxes.

WHAT? AWESOME!

Only a Jedi Raptor could be better.
InfinityzeN
Yea, it is based on the Comic, with artwork from the Comic (and a few custom made pieces just for the game). The rules are real quick and simple, fit the setting well. Own it, played it, love it. Of course, I really like the comic.

Oh, and Jedi Raptor... dah bomb... say again... dah bomb.
Draco18s
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jul 27 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Oh, and Jedi Raptor... dah bomb... say again... dah bomb.

I've got a flash game concept based around it. Intuitive controls (mouse gestures only: Force effects, walking and attacking are automatic). Just for fun and giggles. I have to figure out a setting and what the enemies would be before I can seriously contemplate building it. It'd be in the same vein as Dinosaurs Who Shoot Lasers From Their Mouths When They Roar.
JM Hardy
It's Battlerun Wall of Honor update time again--see it here! Nearly twenty new names have been added, so thanks to all voters. If you haven't had your name on the wall yet, there's still time--go out and vote!
Prime Mover
Large image showing up as broken...med is ok but not really legible.
Tiger Eyes
I voted! I voted! How could I not, when Jason wrote what I was thinking in so many places (the "Hooks" line had me...)... And I laughed so hard while reading it that my husband thought I'd lost my mind.1

1. Of course, I lost it long ago, so he's right.
JM Hardy
The ENnie voting has now concluded, but you all turned out in impressive and butt-kicking fashion. The final Battlerun Wall of Honor us up here. Thanks for all your support and even including a nice little Dumpshock-style debate in this very thread. You're all awesome--and if you're at GenCon, look for the Wall of Honor to make some kind of appearance there!

Jason H.
Cardul
*hmms* So...Victory (something) through sleep?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Cardul @ Aug 2 2009, 09:25 PM) *
*hmms* So...Victory (something) through sleep?

Close, and not a bad interpretation. But there's another meaning I like more.

Jason H.
Ryu
"Victory brought by phantasm"?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Ryu @ Aug 3 2009, 12:56 AM) *
"Victory brought by phantasm"?

That very possibly should be the motto, as it is awesome. But it's not quite right.

Jason H.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012