Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commlink screen image
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jimson
Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I am wondering if the image of the Commlink screen that is at the beginning of the SR books, is available blank. I was just thinking it could be a real neat player handout if GM's could edit it with their own text for their players.
Khyron
You mean the Jackpoint page? Hell, that'd be easy to clean with image software, but Jackpoint isn't something the PC's would normally have access to.
CanRay
Which is a shame. It's full of much useful knowledge.

Guess they'll have to make due with ShadowSEA and other Black Forums.
otakusensei
I always figured that because you had the book, your character had access to the information and was a member of or had access to the information from Jackpoint. Otherwise it's all for GMs and you really can't expect your players to work around that much information when it's a major part of how they learn about the setting.

I could see working under the assumption that the players aren't able to access Jackpoint if everyone in the group is a ganger or a Doc Wagon medic, though. But professional shadowrunners can sort of assumed to have "arrived" and gotten plugged into those circles.
Khyron
I'd consider Jackpoint as meta-knowledge, just so the player has a better understanding of how things are and how PC's should react. On the other hand, most of the info on Jackpoint was gathered by the posters from other sources, it's just all lumped together here, so it's not impossible that some of that information is known.
Cardul
Well, in theory, your players could get access to it....they just need to impress FastJack, and share info with JackPoint...
So, they just need to be world Class authorities in something, and be constantly working on it...heck, for a De-er..Hacker to get onto Jackpoint could be a Campaign all in itself!
Jimson
I guess from my perspective, it looked like a screen of a commlink that just so happened to be accessing JackPoint. I do not have any image software to clean it up, with the exception of MS Paint, which won't do the trick.

Call me dumb, but I just started playing Shadowrun with 4E. All the Shadowrunners that have comments in the books (i.e. Netcat, Slamm-o, etc.), what are they "posting" their comments on? Is that considered JackPoint? Are they Seattle Shadowrunners, or world wide?
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Jimson @ Jul 28 2009, 10:51 AM) *
I guess from my perspective, it looked like a screen of a commlink that just so happened to be accessing JackPoint. I do not have any image software to clean it up, with the exception of MS Paint, which won't do the trick.

Call me dumb, but I just started playing Shadowrun with 4E. All the Shadowrunners that have comments in the books (i.e. Netcat, Slamm-o, etc.), what are they "posting" their comments on? Is that considered JackPoint? Are they Seattle Shadowrunners, or world wide?

For an image manipulation program try GIMP, sorta like Photoshop, but free.

As for JackPoint members... I'm thinking world wide since I know at least one member is up in orbit.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 28 2009, 04:14 PM) *
As for JackPoint members... I'm thinking world wide since I know at least one member is up in orbit.

This. As far as I am aware a fair few of the Runners are based in Seattle (But that is probably just because of Seattles high SR count). Orbital DK is up the well, last time I checked Puck was hanging out in his Carib Legue home (That was before the Crash though), Slamm-O probably doesn't live in Seattle, he was visiting when he met up with Netcat (Who does seem to work/live in Seattle). Smiling Bandit might still be living as a hermit in the Rockies, Ma'Fan is based out of Hong Kong and Kane is a psycho out of the CAS in general I believe. And then we have 'Jack, who is a mystery to me (I suspect that with the time Jack has been running the Shadows he can afford to live whereever the hell he wants).

Edit: And they are all posting in JackPoint, a private Shadow Network maintained by Hacker Extraudinaire FastJack. Invitation only, stupidly hard to break into and possibly quite secret. Most of the people on the network seem to be Prime Runners who have a good bit of experience in the Shadows. Very give and take, you are expected to contribute to the general knowledge of the Network either by writing up your own info or via the wonders of paydata.

And if I remember right, Jack once commented on how he didnt want to have to take care of 56 (?) children. so that is possibly still about the general number of people in JackPoint. 56 is not that many for a worldwide network, so it is doubtful that a team that has not been running the Shadows for less than a good few years would have access to JackPoint. That is unless your GM says otherwise, GM wins when it comes to such things in my mind.
Mäx
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 28 2009, 07:08 PM) *
And if I remember right, Jack once commented on how he didnt want to have to take care of 56 (?) children. so that is possibly still about the general number of people in JackPoint.

There's 58 names listed in the Jackpoint shadow stalker list and thats also the number Jack quotes in that statement in Unwired.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 28 2009, 06:02 PM) *
There's 58 names listed in the Jackpoint shadow stalker list and thats also the number Jack quotes in that statement in Unwired.

My mistake, I knew it was close to 56 but couldn't find the exact quote. Thanks.
Jimson
Where does one acquire all this knowledge about these runners? Or is this all gained from years of play? Every time I post, I'm in awe of the vast knowledge provided. Guess I spent too much time playing in the Forgotten Realms. wobble.gif

Have any GM's brought one/some of these NPC's from Jackpoint into your games?
Neraph
QUOTE (Jimson @ Jul 28 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Where does one acquire all this knowledge about these runners? Or is this all gained from years of play? Every time I post, I'm in awe of the vast knowledge provided. Guess I spent too much time playing in the Forgotten Realms. wobble.gif

Have any GM's brought one/some of these NPC's from Jackpoint into your games?

The knowledge about those runners is gained by reading/rereading the fluff sections of the books, as well as reading some of the novels (I'd imagine).

Every time I see Orbital DK I think "Orbital Donkey Kong?"

I also like the interplay between Slamm-O and Netcat, as well as Netcat and Clockwork.
Mäx
QUOTE (Jimson @ Jul 28 2009, 10:30 PM) *
Where does one acquire all this knowledge about these runners? Or is this all gained from years of play?

A pdf listing all 59 jackpoint members used to be downloadabul from the official site, but i just looked and couldn't find it.
It contained posters names, professions and short descriptions, freelancers apparently have acces to a more detailed version of that document(or so i have heard)
Khyron
Keep in mind a few Jackpointers have died over time; Fatima for instance in Ghost Cartels.
CanRay
That's life and death in the Shadows, Chummer.

Especially DEATH.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 28 2009, 08:58 PM) *
A pdf listing all 59 jackpoint members used to be downloadabul from the official site, but i just looked and couldn't find it.
It contained posters names, professions and short descriptions, freelancers apparently have acces to a more detailed version of that document(or so i have heard)

Found it!

http://shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4/shadowtalker_list.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012