Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need an editor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bashfull
I'm writing a scenario (I'm definitely a scrabbling for pennies in the dirt sort of GM) and I've put a lot of work into it so far, but now I'm having doubts. The trouble is I obviously can't show it to someone from my group for advice. To complicate things, I've used Office Publisher 07 (which I get free from work), so lots of people can't access it.

If there's anyone who wouldn't mind looking at what I've done so far and can open an Pub 07 doc, please let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Yours bashfully
Adhoc
What's the file-format (the extension)?

Potential editors can download a trial version of Office Publisher 07 here: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

I would reckon that Open Office 3.0 would be able to open those files.

A.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Bashfull @ Jul 28 2009, 07:26 AM) *
I'm writing a scenario (I'm definitely a scrabbling for pennies in the dirt sort of GM) and I've put a lot of work into it so far, but now I'm having doubts. The trouble is I obviously can't show it to someone from my group for advice. To complicate things, I've used Office Publisher 07 (which I get free from work), so lots of people can't access it.

If there's anyone who wouldn't mind looking at what I've done so far and can open an Pub 07 doc, please let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Yours bashfully

If you can save it as a .rtf almost anyone should be able to open it. (hint, that's what we make a lot of the freelancers do...)
Adhoc
Or if you want to maintain editing, export it as a .pdf.

A.
Chrysalis
I would be happy to have a look through. I would recommend you save it as word document format. If you are serious, send me a pm, I will send you my email address and I will send you back this week a commented draft copy.
Bashfull
Thanks for the advice. I've saved it as a pdf, and I'll save it as a Word doc too.

Chrysalis, it is still a work in progress, but I'm interested in what you think so far.

Yours bashfully
deek
If you want to send to to me as a PDF, I'll give it a read and comment back as well.

Just send it over to deek@deeksworld.com
Bashfull
Thanks, Deek. It's sent.
deek
QUOTE (Bashfull @ Jul 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Thanks, Deek. It's sent.

I read it, made some comments and sent it back.
Bashfull
Thanks, Deek and Chrys. You both sent very helpful feedback. I'm inspired to carry on.

By the way, Deek, that picture of Sally Tsung is definitely one of the things that first attracted me to SR. In the words of Adam Sandler, "Sooooooo hot!"

Oh, frag, I fancy a drawing. embarrassed.gif
Dragnar
If it's really too big to just post it here, how about uploading it to some free filehost and linking to it?
I'd wager you'd get a lot more feedback that way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012