Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eureka in the Cal Free
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Moirdryd
Okay...

Here's the scan.

Running through Survival of the Fittest for my group. We havent played SR in ages and never actually used a pre-prepped adventure. But it was what I had to hand.

They have worked out how to get from Seattle to the Cal-Free northern crescent. Hired out a sea-plane owning smuggler to drop them down near Eureka and then head across land from there into Shasta City and then Shasta Mountain. So I'm making uo my filler notes for the bits in between and I have a dilemma. Despite being cearly marked on the SoNA Maps and others I dont seem to have any data about Eureka anywhere (Circa 3062).

Anyone have any info they can throw this way to help me flesh out the scenario in the city before they get on their way?

Cheers.

Tiger Eyes
Eureka (not Yreka) is right on the border of the DMZ between Cal-Free and Tir Tairngire, in CalFree territory. (Look at the map in SR4A) As such, I'd imagine it's a city filled with the local militia, and probably is very anti-elf. smile.gif They probably also have very little regard for the "politicians" down in Sacramento.
Method
Did you really mean 3062 or is that a typo? If you really do mean 3062 than the answer is simple: Eureka, like every where else, is ruled by the AI (and I for one welcome our new AI overlords...)

Seriously tho, as Jennifer has alluded to the theme of the Norther Crescent is rugged independence in the face of larger national agendas (if you will allow the CFS as a "nation" that is), which threaten to gobble the region up from either side. Some find strength by accepting the "protection" (you could call it serfdom) of Hestby around Mount Shasta and others by organizing into militias (many of which are led by ex-Cal National Guard types who survived the attempted invasion of the NC by the Tir) like those around Redding.

Oddly I can find very little mention of Eureka in the CFS source book, although I remember it covered somewhere. Might have to bust out the ol' copy of TT... read.gif
Moirdryd
Sorry...2062. 3062 is my battletech side showing.

Yep, thats basically how I had already pegged Eureka down. Went digging through everything I had and came up with basically nothing outsdie of the general Northern Crescent feel. Including the general trust/distrust issues with Hestaby being appointed to the Tir's council of Princes.
Method
From TT, page 32

The land between Yreka [sic] and Redding now serves as a buffer
zone between Tir Tairngire and the California Free State. The Tir
refrains from making military incursions into the area, and contin-
ues a hands-off policy toward Redding. However, the Tir meets
any attempts by the CNG, now the California State Guard after the
state's secession, to advance beyond Redding with a show of
overwhelming force. Nonmilitary traffic from CalFree into the
buffer zone continues unmolested.
Moirdryd
Thanks for the reference method smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012