Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metaposeur
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Marduc
What are the stats of the phenotype adjustment metaposeur?
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Marduc @ Jul 31 2009, 02:02 AM) *
What are the stats of the phenotype adjustment metaposeur?

Stats? Besides the 5BP it gets you back?
Marduc
it is a geneware from augmentation.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Marduc @ Jul 31 2009, 04:46 AM) *
it is a geneware from augmentation.

Oh, that's not metaposeur - you actually BECOME that metatype, genetically. Phenotype Alteration I think.
DuctShuiTengu
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jul 31 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Oh, that's not metaposeur - you actually BECOME that metatype, genetically. Phenotype Alteration I think.

Phenotype Alteration covers several different genetic treatments, including fingerprint removal, ethnicity changes, and metatype alteration, of which, both fingerprint removal and ethnicity changes alteration are then given specific stats. There doesn't appear to be a cost - in nuyen or essence - for the metaposeur genetic modification.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (DuctShuiTengu @ Jul 31 2009, 09:32 AM) *
Phenotype Alteration covers several different genetic treatments, including fingerprint removal, ethnicity changes, and metatype alteration, of which, both fingerprint removal and ethnicity changes alteration are then given specific stats. There doesn't appear to be a cost - in nuyen or essence - for the metaposeur genetic modification.

Stop -

Metaposeur is somebody who has had cosmetic surgery to appear more like their chosen metatype. Magically speaking, for example, you're still your base race. It's minor enough that there is no cost or nuyen cost associate and it buys you back 5 BP.

Phenotype Alteration is actually BECOMING that type. From then on, you are affected AS a member of that type.

Which one were you actually asking about?
Marduc
I'm referring to the gene treatment metaposeur

au p 90
Metaposeur:This treatment genetically changes you to
physically resemble a particular metatype (or metavariant), without
actually granting any of their native advantages or disadvantages. For
example, this enables a human elf poseur who really wants to look like
an elf to do so, though he gains no low-light vision or longevity.

There are no stats for it. question.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Marduc @ Jul 31 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I'm referring to the gene treatment metaposeur

au p 90

There are no stats for it. question.gif

Because it is just a cosmetic operation. Like Kerenshara said, it is just a negative quality.
And as your quote already shows, changes you to
physically resemble a particular metatype (or metavariant), without
actually granting any of their native advantages or disadvantages.
Marduc
But it still doesn't tell me how much essence and nuyen the treatment cost or its availability
Brazilian_Shinobi
I don't think it has any essence cost. I would just treat it as an exotic cosmetic surgery.
mmmkay
you can't change your metatype via geneware

or if you can, I'd like to see a citation
Ancient History
No Virginia, you can't change your metatype with Phenotype Alteration.
HappyDaze
Some printings of Augmentation have the stat line for Metaposeur (in the back table on geneware) and some do not. Look in a second printing of Augmentation for your answer, but unfortunately I don't have that version.
Glyph
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jul 31 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Stats? Besides the 5BP it gets you back?

To be fair, both of the poser qualities already address the issue of the poser getting surgery and/or biomods right in the description of the quality - so this treatment doesn't really change that much.

Absent a copy of Augmentation with a specific entry for it, I would be inclined to give it the same stats as ethnicity alteration.
Marduc
I also don't own a second edition of Aumentation, hence my question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012