Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New CAS flag?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
'Sconnie
Just got my copy of Running wild and I noticed a story on the Jackpoint login page about the CAS getting a new flag. When can we expect to see it?
Ancient History
It'll be in an upcoming product.
Khyron
It's a troll fist with the middle digit raised and two shotguns crossing under it.

But seriously, probably not in any of the books coming out in the next month.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Khyron @ Jul 31 2009, 10:46 PM) *
It's a troll fist with the middle digit raised and two shotguns crossing under it.

But seriously, probably not in any of the books coming out in the next month.

Not quite, and no.
TBRMInsanity
Why would they change it again. In SR1 it was the old Confederate American Flag (ah the Southern Cross). In SoNA they went with this flag. What do they plan to use next? Maybe going back to the old red, white, and blue (with the appropriate number of stars of course)?
Centy
Eh, I've never been a fan of the current one. I mean, it has a gradient in it, that's just unaesthetically appealing.
TBRMInsanity
I never said I like the flag either but with the exception of some current third world countries, I've never heard of a nation changing their flag so many times in such a short time period.
TBRMInsanity
Maybe going to this?
Ancient History
No.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Aug 1 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Maybe going to this?

Or this?
CanRay
Maybe they'll get away from the Stars idea, and have a hunting rifle for each state. nyahnyah.gif
Ancient History
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Aug 1 2009, 02:35 PM) *
I never said I like the flag either but with the exception of some current third world countries, I've never heard of a nation changing their flag so many times in such a short time period.

The USA and CSA both had a relatively large number of flags for their spans. Hell, the USA had five different flags from 1818-1823 (granted, the changed the flag every time a state entered the union, but it goes to show).

I wise old freelancer once told me that any flag should be something that can be drawn and colored by a 3rd-grader.
EKBT81
QUOTE ('Sconnie @ Aug 1 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Or this?

I'd consider the Stars and bars a good choice for the CAS. It still has the historical connection, but AFAIK not the "baggage" that comes with the confederate battle flag. And it's fairly close to the US Flag, which would fit with the "traditional american principles" ideology that seems to be touted in CAS politics.

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 6 2009, 12:36 AM) *
I wise old freelancer once told me that any flag should be something that can be drawn and colored by a 3rd-grader.

That's probably part of the reason why I didn't like the CAS flag in SoNA. Especially the "fading" Stripes seemed a bit "unflaglike" IMO.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (EKBT81 @ Aug 5 2009, 11:01 PM) *
I'd consider the Stars and bars a good choice for the CAS. It still has the historical connection, but AFAIK not the "baggage" that comes with the confederate battle flag. And it's fairly close to the US Flag, which would fit with the "traditional american principles" ideology that seems to be touted in CAS politics.

That's exactly the reason I thought of the Stars and Bars. IIRC, the Jackpoint blurb said somthing about a history teacher designing the new flag. So I sort of put two and two togheher.
Bull
QUOTE (EKBT81 @ Aug 5 2009, 06:01 PM) *
That's probably part of the reason why I didn't like the CAS flag in SoNA. Especially the "fading" Stripes seemed a bit "unflaglike" IMO.

Agreed. It was a Logo, not a Flag.
Ancient History
I thought it looked like a swastika and an American flag in a blender, which is why I helped that Virginia schoolmaster lobby for change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012