Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would be a fair cost for Binding?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlueMax
Having 3 Technomancers in my group, I see lots of Sprites. Having a doctor on hand, another group member, they go all out for high rating sprites. So much so that Body is now considered a high value stat on Technomancers, for purposes of allowing overflow. While I don't mind the troll compiling a rating 7 on the fly and taking a hit during the middle of a run, I do mind the quest to bind a rating 9 at home.

I understand the limitations of sprites.
*They cannot manifest. Though our Technomancer/Rigger TM has them take over drones, so close enough.
*They have no effect on the astral plane , nor on magical effects.
*They don't like working outside of the same node as the TM*

Knowing all that, free binding still grinds against my soul as a gamer. However, I don't want to penalize nearly half of my group for the class** they chose. Any suggestions?

BlueMax
*Do Sprites get compiled in the BioNode?
*Three class game, magical, technomancer, normal
Mr. Unpronounceable
*shrug* they only get one shot to register them before having to summon them all over again - sprites last 8 hours, registering takes (rating) hours, but they stick around for the test results.

At fading damage = 2x raw hits scored by the sprite which is rolling 2x (rating)...sooner or later, someone's going to fry himself far past the abilities of the group doc - that rating 9 sprite could, for instance, drop a potential 36 damage onto the troll, though 12 is the expected result.

Letting that happen without fudging the results would probably put a bigger damper on their actions than a price tag.
God knows it's the only way I've seen mages stop trying to summon force 12 spirits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012