Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info on Tir Tairngire
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Semerkhet
Hi all, I'm getting a new SR4 game ready and a couple of the characters hail from the Tir. I haven't run SR in nine years, so I'm a bit out of date on what's been going on in the Tir since about 2058. I've looked at the Shadows of North America book, but I've seen very little information dated past about 2063. Would anyone be so kind as to point me toward some resources to get me caught up on the Tir of 2072? Thanks in advance for any help proffered.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Semerkhet @ Aug 6 2009, 02:56 PM) *
Hi all, I'm getting a new SR4 game ready and a couple of the characters hail from the Tir. I haven't run SR in nine years, so I'm a bit out of date on what's been going on in the Tir since about 2058. I've looked at the Shadows of North America book, but I've seen very little information dated past about 2063. Would anyone be so kind as to point me toward some resources to get me caught up on the Tir of 2072? Thanks in advance for any help proffered.

I'm not sure there's been much of anything on the Tir in any of the SR4 books.
SincereAgape
This thread my help you.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...hl=SincereAgape
Tiger Eyes
The Tir gets a brief visit in Corp Enclaves, a few little mentions in other products (like Seattle 2072), and will be touched on lightly in one upcoming product and, if the spirits smile on us, will get a full treatment in the next year or so. This is of course all heresay and rumor and inuendo and does not constitute any sort of remotely official statement. wink.gif

For right now, Larry Zincan, a previous Tir prince (the token ork) was elected to president when the council of princes disolved. Hestaby was also elected to the government, and those are the only two former princes currently elected to the government (and of course that means the others are out of the picture, right? wink.gif ). Tellestrian Industries is still the top corp in the country (AA rated). The Tir hasn't signed the Business Recognition Accords, which means they don't give extraterritorality to any megacorp - but they've been throwing other incentives at businesses to increase income (because choices made by the former Princes made the economy tank big time, and they're still trying to recover - unemployment is still in the double digits in many areas). Saeder Krupp has opened a big office in Portland, and Horizon's PR firm Charisma Associates is based in Portland. The borders are still tight, but they've made a big push for tourism (Awakened Tourism, primarily), so getting into and out of the country via legal means is much easier. Not that they don't watch you while you're in there... for your own safety, of course... wink.gif People caught trying to get into the country by running a border are still likely to get dosed with Laes and dumped naked on the other side of the border... wink.gif There is still a mandatory 2 year military service requirement for all citizens after high school.
Semerkhet
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 6 2009, 11:36 AM) *
The Tir gets a brief visit in Corp Enclaves, a few little mentions in other products (like Seattle 2072), and will be touched on lightly in one upcoming product and, if the spirits smile on us, will get a full treatment in the next year or so. This is of course all heresay and rumor and inuendo and does not constitute any sort of remotely official statement. wink.gif

For right now, ...<snip>

Thanks a bunch, Tiger Eyes. That's the sort of concise summary I was hoping for. I haven't purchased Corporate Enclaves because it didn't seem to be a necessary supplement for my upcoming game given that I'm sticking with the Seattle setting for now.

Has there been any updated information on the situation at Telestrian where James Telestrian retired and passed over his son, Timothy, to hand the reins to his sister? I'm thinking of getting the characters involved in a triangle of S-K(Lofwyr), Ehran, and Timothy Telestrian. Not that I can't just make things up, but I'd prefer to at least know the metaplot before I go about changing it.

btw, speaking of Hestaby and Lofwyr, who got their hands on the Loremaster title in the end?

Thanks for the replies.
Semerkhet
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 6 2009, 09:18 AM) *

Hehe, there were helpful bits right up until the thread got massively derailed into a rant about how a non-evil megacorp is the worst idea in the history of Shadowrun. Thanks for the link.
ShadowPavement
In an thread over on the rpg.net boards a guy with the forum name Lost Demiurge has a thing he wrote up for his players on the Tir. It starts in the second or 3rd post down the page and expands on the info that's already there for Tir Tangir. I've copied it and keep it on hand for when I need more Tir info.

Here is the link: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=319569&page=2
Semerkhet
QUOTE (ShadowPavement @ Aug 6 2009, 12:54 PM) *
In an thread over on the rpg.net boards a guy with the forum name Lost Demiurge has a thing he wrote up for his players on the Tir. It starts in the second or 3rd post down the page and expands on the info that's already there for Tir Tangir. I've copied it and keep it on hand for when I need more Tir info.

Here is the link: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=319569&page=2

Thanks for the link. Good reading. However, it seems like it's dated before the dissolution of the Council of Princes. Still, lots of great info in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012