Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cthulutech Dice Rolling
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cheops
Just got my hands on a copy of CAT's current star and looked at the dice rolling mechanic. Intrigued by it and my rudimentary knowledge of statistics (analysis of finances is a lot less complex than d10 Yahtzee) I did some research and came across the sticky on their website Here.

Since I grew out of playing giant robot games after my Battletech phase and since I much prefer the story of Shadowrun (irregularities aside grinbig.gif ) I was wondering if anyone had tried to convert SR to CT's dice rolling mechanic? It has the distinct advantage of making more skilled practitioners better at the low-mid level uses of a skill without making them capable of pulling off the crazy stunts with ease.
DireRadiant
It's actually pretty easy to pull of amazing stunts. You have 10 dice you can toss in to the pool at any time, not just for yourself, but for your team. Or use them to subtract from the GM pool. With a few extra dice tossed in you can build up some large numbers with runs or multiples.
Cheops
You're talking about Drama Points which are the CT equivalent of Edge. They can easily be tweaked as well.
DireRadiant
They are the equivalent of Team Edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012