Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ideas for a technomancer build
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kronk2
One of my players wants to make a technoshaman of the world tree paragon. I am not a newb, just new to making good 'trixy characters.

We have agreed that he is a media junkie (even bought the flaw) and he is looking into joining a network for the world tree, more information for the sharing. and the chatty edge.

The World Tree pervades the Matrix. Rooted deep inside the
Matrix, its branches run through the Matrix like veins and nerves,
interconnecting every node in every system. The World Tree is the incarnation
of connectivity of all information, distributing data in endless
cyberspace. Technomancers looking to the World Tree for enlightenment
believe in universal distribution of information and knowledge. -unwired p. 151

I guess what I am asking here is this: is there a better blend of herbs spices and skills for this build? thanks?
toolbox
Well... what does he actually want to do? That's sort of a major consideration in skill selection.
Kronk2
the short answer to your query is that he wants to gather information, and report the truth that is not being told. I think he wants in the secrets biz.

I also think he may end up talking to appliances on a regular basis.
McAllister
Paaaraaanoid!

We're probably looking at Exploit and Stealth to get into nodes, maybe Spoof to get agents/devices to give us data and Browse to find things.

Also, there's a sort of AI that hoards information. See if you can get in on some of that action.
otakusensei
Contacts, lots of them. The only thing that separates a crusader for truth and a basement dwelling paranoid is how many people subscribe to their blog. Otherwise they are functionally identical. Runner's Companion is a must for the advanced virtual contact rules so he can be a major contributor on several specialized forums. Combine that with a few key source type contacts and he's on his way to... well, not really doing anything that will help him much in a firefight. But if that's the way he wants to rock, I salute him!
McAllister
Group contact. Faster way to get 1,000 people who care a little bit. I mean, 1,000 1/1 contacts adds up.
Kronk2
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 10 2009, 12:18 PM) *
Group contact. Faster way to get 1,000 people who care a little bit. I mean, 1,000 1/1 contacts adds up.

so by my count a state based rebel network would be like 13 points and Loyalty 4/3 (13) ?

so what would shadowlands be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012