Full Version: Dairy Dash
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
tisoz
IC Thread
OoC Thread

I am going to try running a campaign.

3rd edition rules.
May run you through a published adventure if nobody has played them, until I get a feel for the group and develope a campaign. Must start off with the classic Food Fight! If the PCs decide they are not yet a team, this may be a way to meet. (Or do each other bodily harm.)

Setting Seattle by default, but if a player wants to suggest another location I am familiar with, I may set it there.

probably 6 players

Need to be able to post at least 4 days a week and likely almost every day. I'd really rather have players that hang out on DS way more than they probably should, like several hours a day. I work 100 hour weeks, but will have time to post at night a minimum of 4 days a week. My weekends tend to leave me more time. Now and then I am able to post during the day. All this is usually based off the Central time zone or an hour either way.

Need to be looking at doing this for at least a year. Just going from practical experience. I'd love whipping right through things, but I know better than to expect it.

I am not planning on killing your character (or you), and I don't have some evil twist or plot monster waiting. I just miss playing SR and do not see a tabletop game as feasible in the near future.

There is no limit to any character type, but if you are all clones whoever posts first is going to get to take all the actions and likely earn all the karma. In other words, 6 magicians is ok with me. I actually ran an all magical group once. If everyone wants to play the same thing, we'll make it work. Or I'll find some other players.wink.gif

Use any method (125BP, Sum to 10, Priority, Becks 400(is that std, I don't use it often enough?) Karma) to build your PC, but document where the BP, Karma, Resources, whatever, got spent. Try not to cheat, and if using NSRCG make sure it didn't glitch. In other words, after using the program, add it up yourself.

Std availability 8 unless okayed and a good reason. Bioware is fine as long as it is availability 8 or less, even cultured. Beta and Delta ok if under availability 8 after grade modifiers and good explanation of why you have it.

Your PC will get an opportunity to advance. I will try awarding karma weekly, as long as we are posting multiple times a week.
tisoz
There is also no huge rush to get characters in to get a place in the game. If you have an idea of what you want to play, say so. I'll let you know if I feel like GMing such a character. I tend to hate the super professional character that gives meaningful looks, but says little. The only way I would want such a character in this game is if you were to post his thoughts and feelings, because you can't post what he doesn't say. Or I'll make you post all the prep work he does to BE that super professional, ready for any situation type.

Once I ok the PC idea, stat him and write a background, give it a personality. Then we'll see if it has changed and how it fits with the team. It may take a tweak or two for everyone to get along.

Oh, and deckers won't use that optional rule that pretty much let's them walk all over a system. Also, creating the account where you own the system is probably not going to work.
Chance359
I've got an idea thats been rattling around my skull for a while now. Think of him as a combat engineer, a few combat skills, strong tech background and the meat and chrome to back up both. Probably some military service, technical field, got out and put his knowledge of electronics (non matrix) to good use. He's growing his combat abilities, right know only a few tricks, but they are weapons and equipment he's designed.
tisoz
Tech guys are always useful.
Chance359
wow, I can't believe that no one else is trying to get in on this.
tisoz
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:06 PM) *
wow, I can't believe that no one else is trying to get in on this.

Me neither, but the type players I'm looking for might be on their way to GenCon. I also heard several 3rd edition games had started.

I'll be optimistic and figure the 10 characters that would normally have been sent by now were played by people who just like making characters and going to meet the Johnson, then get bored and quit. Patience was a requisite for this game, so let's show some.
Morgannah
Great idea for a thread!

But I think I'd get in trouble someone caught me posting here more often than in LiTS. wink.gif I'm keeping an eye on you guys, though.
Chance359
There were two other third edition games, both have sputtered out.
Mister Juan
And I am/was in one of those 3rd ed game.
Since I tend to be in a lot of games, I usually try to limit myself. But with one that seems to be stalling, one thats out, and 2 other which have slowed down to something of a crawl... I feel the need to throw myself in this one wink.gif

Character wise, I've got an SR4 Ex Yakuza enforcer I've been itching to play. I actually got him into... 3 games here on Dumpshock, which have all died away frown.gif I can always retro stat him to SR3.

Anyways, quick concept: an OLD yakuza enforcer, who drinks a lot, spent the last 20 odd years in jail. Think of any of the early Chow Yun Fat blood operas characters, and project that guy to his late 50s wink.gif Since he's an existing character, I already have all his background done (and 50 questions I think...)
Mister Juan
Already dead?
tisoz
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 15 2009, 01:50 PM) *
Already dead?

Nope. I am still optimistic that after GenCon a few more players will show some interest. I'd rather be patient and get the right players than have a rush of interest, the player decide there's something about the game they don't like and then never post again.

I'm sorry if the 3 days since you expressed interest didn't get my overwhelming response of "great character, you're in!" But I have had some bad history with asian characters who spoke their native languages without an interpretation OoC to fill me in on what they said. So I kind of shuddered. smile.gif I am also wondering if another character or several will want to run with an Ex-yak. But as of now consider the PC ok. As you've pointed out, no one submitted another PC that conflicted with yours, so now they'll need to adjust to you.

The other problem might be a conflict with LitS. Morgannah's post has me wondering.
Mister Juan
Don't worry about the native language only wink.gif
If you want to see the sort of character he is, I ran him briefly in two threads.

Why do I get to be mister pink?

Fallen Angel
Green Eyed Monster
I'm interested in playing. I haven't gamed in a while.

I'd like to play a shamen. Never tried Wujen tradition and would like to. Can we initiate using starting Karma from spell points? (NSRCG has the option AND with a group and/or deed.) I usually try to fit a background to the way I wind up having created the character and let their personality come out during play. I'm not saying I won't do a background, just trying to say, it's hard to describe what the PC will be like until I make him and play him.
Chance359
Quick question for you Tisoz, since my guy sees himself as an inventor, and has custom built alot of his gear, I was wondering if I could take a modified version of the gremlins (-2) flaw that only affects gear he's customized. It would be called either beta version or a few kinks.

tisoz
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Aug 17 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Quick question for you Tisoz, since my guy sees himself as an inventor, and has custom built alot of his gear, I was wondering if I could take a modified version of the gremlins (-2) flaw that only affects gear he's customized. It would be called either beta version or a few kinks.

Since it's limited to gear you created, and it's only a -2 flaw to begin with... -1BP flaw?
tisoz
QUOTE (Green Eyed Monster @ Aug 15 2009, 02:44 PM) *
I'm interested in playing. I haven't gamed in a while.

I'd like to play a shamen. Never tried Wujen tradition and would like to. Can we intiate using starting Karma from spell points? (NSRCG has the option AND with a group and/or deed.) I usually try to fit a background to the way I wind up having created the character and let their personality come out during play. I'm not saying I won't do a background, just trying to say, it's hard to describe what the PC will be like until I make him and play him.

Initiation is ok. Choose a deed that doesn't need explained or rolled: Asceticism, Familiar (follow rules), Geas, Oath and I'll allow Thesis. Pay for joining group, stat out Group, must have at least 3 strictures, pay dues from resources.
tisoz
Do we want to play with just 3 PCs?

I figure by this coming Monday everyone who is interested should have had ample time to recover from GenCon and indicate an interest in playing.

We can easily play Food Fight! with the 3 PCs and give others a chance to jump in when they see how awesome this group is going. (That's the level I'm shooting for - AWESOME.) After Food Fight!, we can see how well the group functions and decide whether or not to carry on if no one else decides to join.

Good plan or just putting off inevitable death?
Ears
I'm interested as well.
I'd like to throw in an ex-bounty hunter. Non-magical, some cyber old-school guy; talk (or "talk") to people, follow leads, bust heads and bring in perps; not too idealistic from the start, when he catches a 'runner who offers to hook him up with the right people to do some real biz, he switches sides.
What do you say?

For some unfathomable reason I feel the rising urge to rewatch Renegade.
Green Eyed Monster
I'd have played with just us 3, especially Food Fight!. 4 seems even better.
drips
Heya, I've been looking pretty hard for an SR3 group. I'm definitely interested.

I'm looking to run a merc Houngan, in Seattle while he lets some heat cool down overseas. Stealthy when necessary, magical always. Not necessarily a good guy, but will definitely group with a few runners to make some 'yen and gain some influence in the 'CAS.

I just registered to ask, so I'd need a bit of an explanation on how to play by forum. I can definitely be quite active though, so I hope to hear from you guys soon.
tisoz
QUOTE (Ears @ Aug 22 2009, 08:44 AM) *
I'm interested as well.
I'd like to throw in an ex-bounty hunter. Non-magical, some cyber old-school guy; talk (or "talk") to people, follow leads, bust heads and bring in perps; not too idealistic from the start, when he catches a 'runner who offers to hook him up with the right people to do some real biz, he switches sides.
What do you say?

For some unfathomable reason I feel the rising urge to rewatch Renegade.

Sounds ok.

QUOTE (drips @ Aug 24 2009, 03:03 AM) *
Heya, I've been looking pretty hard for an SR3 group. I'm definitely interested.

I'm looking to run a merc Houngan, in Seattle while he lets some heat cool down overseas. Stealthy when necessary, magical always. Not necessarily a good guy, but will definitely group with a few runners to make some 'yen and gain some influence in the 'CAS.

I just registered to ask, so I'd need a bit of an explanation on how to play by forum. I can definitely be quite active though, so I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Believe it or not, I have never played a voodoun. I may actually be prejudiced against them. The line about not a good guy etc. makes me wonder if he will play well with others. It is hard enough to keep an online game going without added internal party conflict the players were not expecting.

As far as new to playing by forum, I have no problem. We'll go over some posting preferences when we get to that bridge. If you are curious how playing by forum works, just check out some of the other games being played. Chances are they are pretty close to the same format we will use.
drips
He will play well with others, and if the not being a good is a problem I can probably change that. What I meant was that he will most likely have an agenda behind his actions, ranging from just having a bit of fun to trying to secure something desirable. He may take unnecessary risks or play little pranks on the job (being a Ghede houngan), but he will do his best to keep his group alive, relatively safe and happy. Otherwise it would cut into his bottom line.
Chance359
Tisoz question for you would allow this weapon:

[ Spoiler ]

Another question i had is since my guy is a do it yourself'er, would it be possible to make bulk purchases of various parts (20,000 worth of electronic parts, 15,000 in gun parts, ect)?
tisoz
First, my apologies for being gone a little while. Work got really busy, then I had some time off, but away from my computer.

drips - that sounds a little better, but I'm still leary of running a voodoo PC. I guess I may just have to suck it up.

Chance359 - The rifle... I thought it was going to follow the firearms construction rules, but I don't follow how it does. I have no problem with 9M bursts - even with no recoil, but I do have a problem with 10 different types of ammo on demand, and the weight seems a bit light as well as the cost of a prototype.

On the bulk parts, I am guessing this is for things that require generic bulk parts to build? If so, ok. If you have some specific use in mind, please say.
BobRoberts
I'd be interested in this - not played SR3 for a while and it'd be fun. smile.gif

I'd pitch in Troy...

He's a smart ork from the Barrens - there is such a thing! He worked hard and set himself up as an independant courier. Mangled in a case of industrial negligance from one of his contracts. Normally, he'd be sod out of luck, but a rival company put up the money for some decent lawyers. He got a huge payout, blew it on replacement cyber bodyparts, fast cars and the high life. He's blown the lot, left with expensive tastes, some cool toys and a case of adreniline addiction... the courier biz has lost its charm!

Thinking a wheelman who can mix it up in a fight, provide transportation and a spy drone or two.

My 3rd edition books are in storage at my folks place, but I can pick them up over the weekend.
tisoz
BobRoberts - sounds good and helps round out the party.

So we have a Tech guy who I am guessing is going to know how to use firearms, a muscle type guy, a couple magic guys and a rigger/muscle guy? This sounds pretty good to start playing if everyone is still in. I'm surprised no decker guys have shown up, as this is a great format for playing them because everyone is constantly out for pizza in online games. smile.gif

I'll PM an outside email address to everyone where the character can be posted or sent as an attachment.
Chance359
submitted, I went back and made some changes, my guy has the skill and progs to deck, just no deck.
tisoz
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Aug 31 2009, 03:51 PM) *
submitted, I went back and made some changes, my guy has the skill and progs to deck, just no deck.

The "No Deck Decker" strategy of decker PC design. smile.gif

3 PCs in and they look better than I expected. Let's get your characters in and we can get going.

Please let me know what printed adventures you have played or run.

Silver Angel - pretty straightforward
Mercurial - doubtful
Dream Chipper - with a twist
Harlequin - maybe
DNA/DOA - dungeon crawl
Queen Euphoria - a favorite
Bottled Demon - another fave
Universal Brotherhood - bugs
Ivy & Chrome - doubtful
Dark Angel
Native American Nations 2 - road trip
Dragon Hunt - doubtful
Imago - no way
Native American Nations 1 - road trip
Total Eclipse - maybe
Elven Fire - gangs
One Stage Before - vampires
A Killing Glare - Urban Brawl
Celtic Double Cross - no way
Paradise Lost - vacation time
Eye Witness - nice
Double Exposure - nice
Harlequins Back - nope
Divided Assets - more a scenario than an adventure
Super Tuesday - maybe
BobRoberts
Character has been sent.

No Deck Decker is made of win!

On the played/Run... I've filled in the ones I recall. However, it has been ages since my group used modules for Shadowrun (and ages since we've played 3rd edition) and my memory is pretty flakey... not sure I can remember any of the details well enough. smile.gif

QUOTE (tisoz @ Sep 1 2009, 05:58 AM) *
Silver Angel - pretty straightforward - RUN
Mercurial - doubtful - RUN
Harlequin - maybe - RAN
DNA/DOA - dungeon crawl - PLAYED, I think
Bottled Demon - another fave - SORT OF - Played something based on it - at least that's what the GM said.
Ivy & Chrome - doubtful - FAMILIAR NAME (RUN/PLAYED?)
Dark Angel
Native American Nations 2 - road trip
Dragon Hunt - doubtful
Imago - no way
Native American Nations 1 - road trip - RUN One of the NAN ones -
[ Spoiler ]

Total Eclipse - maybe
Elven Fire - gangs
A Killing Glare - Urban Brawl - PLAYED, I think
Celtic Double Cross - no way
Paradise Lost - vacation time
Eye Witness - nice
Double Exposure - nice
Harlequins Back - nope
Super Tuesday - maybe

Chance359

Mercurial - I've run parts of this before

Harlequin - I wish

Queen Euphoria - could be fun
Bottled Demon - played and managed to survive
Ivy & Chrome - oh the fun
Paradise Lost - worst vacation ever, damn goose shaman
Double Exposure - ran it, players never managed to get past the first two jobs.
Harlequins Back - ran the first 2 sections, everyone died

From everything i read on here, building a decker without a deck is the way to go. Guess my guys first goal will be to get some kind of deck.
tisoz
I've got characters from:

drips - Sphinx
Chance359 - Tinker
Green Eyed Monster - John (Rocky) Stone
BobRoberts - Troy Anderson

Anyone else going to get their PC submitted in time for Food Fight!?
Green Eyed Monster
I haven't played or run any of the adventures as far as I know.
tisoz
Dark Angel
Native American Nations 1 - road trip (not the boat and virus)
Total Eclipse - maybe
Elven Fire - gangs
Eye Witness - nice
Super Tuesday - maybe

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Sep 1 2009, 01:20 PM) *
Harlequin - I wish
Queen Euphoria - could be fun

Has anyone played the SR Missions for SR3? It's a nice campaign arc.

I'm not really wanting to run the entire Harlequin adventure because it kind of falls apart toward the end, but the first few runs are pretty straight forward shadowruns. I might twist some of them a little and run them, since BobRoberts has run them, if you want to play them now is an opportunity to speak up. (...and what country are you froum? smile.gif)

Of those still on the list, only Super Tuesday is kind of time relevant. I think the others could be run anywhere alng the timeline. Those involving bugs might seem a bit out of time, but they could just keep coming back to be a bother.

It does look like there is material to run and hopefully the game goes on long enough to complete at least a few of these.
BobRoberts
QUOTE (tisoz @ Sep 3 2009, 06:13 AM) *
Has anyone played the SR Missions for SR3? It's a nice campaign arc.

I'm not really wanting to run the entire Harlequin adventure because it kind of falls apart toward the end, but the first few runs are pretty straight forward shadowruns. I might twist some of them a little and run them, since BobRoberts has run them, if you want to play them now is an opportunity to speak up. (...and what country are you froum? smile.gif)

Of those still on the list, only Super Tuesday is kind of time relevant. I think the others could be run anywhere alng the timeline. Those involving bugs might seem a bit out of time, but they could just keep coming back to be a bother.

It does look like there is material to run and hopefully the game goes on long enough to complete at least a few of these.

Not played any of the 3rd edition missions - though if there as good as the 4e ones I'd be up for that. Just talked my group into playing through the Denver arc as fill ins to our regular game - which is also in it's 4th [EVIL] edition, but not half as much fun as shadowrunning!

I'd be very happy to play Harlequin. Can recall bits of it - but don't think that'd matter if your changing it around. I'd be happy to avoid out of character knowledge anyway. With you on the ending of that one, it's a trope that fortunately doesn't seem to turn up in adventure design these days. One of the missions did stick in my head as I really botched it, valuable learning experience about how to GM certain types of setup... I'd say more, but avoiding spoilers seems good!

Me, I'm from the UK, just south of London - high quality dental work (!), dire beef products and weird posting times mark us Brits out.
drips
Washington, USA, 'bout 30 minutes away from Seattle. Home to rain, rain, many a Shadowrun campaign and more rain.
Ears
As far as I can remember, I haven't played any of them. Most of the stuff our GMs ran was their own crazy idea.
Sorry that I'm still behind with my character, I'll have him finished in a few hours.
tisoz
QUOTE (BobRoberts @ Sep 3 2009, 08:01 AM) *
Me, I'm from the UK, just south of London - high quality dental work (!), dire beef products and weird posting times mark us Brits out.

I just wondered with the British spelling of a few items, but "since the sun never sets..." I wondered where you picked up the British version. (colour, armour)

QUOTE (drips @ Sep 3 2009, 08:22 AM) *
Washington, USA, 'bout 30 minutes away from Seattle. Home to rain, rain, many a Shadowrun campaign and more rain.

Did I ask? wink.gif
30 minutes which way? I wonder how familiar I am with where you live? I haven't been north of Seattle much, but south and east have been driven through often enough. I asked a local how they pronounced Puyallup, and don't think I got a good answer. Never been west of Seattle, just down to the docks. [edit]Doh! 30 min North in Washington... You must drive way faster than me... [/edit]

QUOTE (Ears @ Sep 3 2009, 09:21 AM) *
As far as I can remember, I haven't played any of them. Most of the stuff our GMs ran was their own crazy idea.
Sorry that I'm still behind with my character, I'll have him finished in a few hours.

Good, virgin sacrifice. It's been a few hours, dock yourself 3 points of Karma.
[ Spoiler ]
I'll check back in a few more hours, I think I'll have time today.

[ Spoiler ]

Concerning everyone's character, decide if you know each other, what the others probably know about you, and either give a physical description of what they would see when viewing you or be prepared to write it into your first IC post. I think I am going to put up a list of PCs with a short description in the first OoC post for easy reference. (this presumes I start an IC and OoC thread.

I'll put up posting guidelines in the OoC thread. Things like italics for your PC's thoughts, turning off signatures in the IC thread (I am pretty sure you can go back and edit your post and turn them off, as everyone is likely to forget once in a while.

I hope everyone plays for the duration, but I know the reality of life throws us curves. Please be considerate and let us know if you plan on dropping out, and if there is a chance you may rejoin at a later time and maybe we can work you out of the story and also back into it. As people may drop out, I am going to keep accepting players. The idea of a campaign makes it possible for people to join the group for a certain run. As far as Food Fight! goes - anyone could wander into the middle of a fight in the Stuffer Shack. The only risk I see is PC vs PC violence if the players don't use outside knowledge.

Which comes back to if the PCs know each other before wandering into said Stuffer Shack. Being there from the start will help draw the lines between antagonists and protagonists and could be how your PCs meet, if they don't happen to kill each other. If someone were to say, "I'm not with the gang," I am going to be interested what they say when they may run into other shadowrunners in other scenarios. devil.gif

My idea of the SR setting is capitalism run amok, where the rich can hire half the population to do dirty deeds against the other half. Going obviously armed and armored in a AAA zone is going to be frowned upon as it would today in most neighborhoods, but doing the same in the Barrens is kind of good sense. As the rating of a neighborhood changes, so will expectations of conforming to civilized behavior. If you ever want to know what your PC probably takes for granted, ask OoC. The worst thing that could happen is rolling to see if your PC would know. The best is I tell you straight out and make sure we are all on the same page. I hate the "Clue Files" and GMs relating tales of TPKs because their expectation of the environment was different and not communicated to the players, leading them to do something absurd. I may even state OoC expectations, but am afraid it would get tedious, and then again, some parts of the city supposedly change after dark. (Everyone's pet peeve about how Lone Star can't keep the gangs from controlling a major interstate highway running through the heart of the city can be inserted here.)

I would rather run things a bit wilder than today's norms, perhaps think of the American West when towns were getting civilized, but before everyone had to turn in their gun before entering town. It was ok to shoot someone, but it had better been in self defense. Also, being wanted usually only meant in a certain state, like Colorado, while you were not subject to arrest in other states. Kind of how I like to have extraterritoriality work.

Please remember your actions are going to have repercussions. You may think your PC is invincible, but no one truly is. I know this is escapism and even I feel the urge to kill stuff at times and blow off steam, but excessive and needless violence will probably draw attention, something that conflicts with the idea of shadows.

Also, I hope you think of your PCs as more than criminals. I like to play as a dystopian future where things are out of whack, there have been incredible changes that society tries to act like it has homogenized, but that the PCs see how whacked things are, perhaps are victims of Machiavellian ploys that forced them into the shadows and that they try to bring a little justice back into the world. Perhaps like Knights of old. Yes, they had their code and they have their myths, but how many of them were looting bastards taking advantage of the crisis/crusade/job at hand? OK, maybe your PCs shouldn't be quite so knightly. But I hope you get the idea. Are they like bad ass Texas Rangers or would an impartial view look at them as mad dogs needing put down themselves? You control a character that is likely freer and has powers and abilities far beyond what we ourselves possess, but hopefully the same restraint that keeps us from grabbing a gun and going on a crime spree will be shown when playing your PC. What would keep him from going evil on everyone?

Code Words
"You hear sirens approaching," is code for "You Have Looted Enough, let's move it along." Basically that you need to quit whatever activity you are doing at present because more and more guns are going to get aimed your way.

Feel free to throw out some suggestions about format or playing, etcetera.
Chance359
Well as part of the get to know you phase:

Cameron Douglas
[ Spoiler ]

He's only got a few contacts, having been in Seattle for a few months. Most of the people he knows are prior military. I've got the following people in my rolodex

Lvl 2 Fixer
Lvl 1 Supply Sergeant
Lvl 1 Electronics store owner
Lvl 1 Electronics Store owner
Lvl 1 Junk yard owner
Lvl 1 Plain Clothes Cop
Lvl 1 Street Doc,
Lvl 1 Street Kid, lives down the street from his Cameron's storage unit, keeps an eye on the place.

BobRoberts
I like that vision of the Shadowrun future - sounds like one that's fun to play in! smile.gif Think for me this time it's a touch of conscience and justice... gotta look out for the little guy.

Damn - given away by that unecessary extra u - which my spellchecker hates!

On with the meet and greet:

Troy Anderson, a solid looking ~25 year old orc, short at around 6' 3" but with a wide build. Most marked feature is a pair of obvious cyberlegs. Datajack behind the right ear. Has a receding hairline/pony tail combo.

Wears shorts, showing off the cyberlegs. Paired with loud shirts - always with long sleeves - clean and ironed. If the sleeves pull back, you can see the telltale blotches of grafted skin. Half face respirator hanging round the neck 'for the smog'. Sunglasses and a sleazy longcoat for outdoors. Owns some really tasteless bling, including the obligitory silver nuyen.gif on a neckchain, but that tends to get worn on nights out, not as everyday Barrens mugger bait.

Twitchy, furtive looking, hates sitting still and chain smokes where appropriate.

Happy to know other PCs before we start. Some ways we might know each other:

1) Frequents expensive but vulgar drinking/gambling/etc establishments.
2) Dabbles in street racing, but not too seriously.
3) Might have worked with them before - has been running the shadows about 9 months. Does rigged driving, owns a variety of useful vehicles. Drone surveillance. Can take care of himself in a fight.
4) Other...
Green Eyed Monster
John "Rocky" Stone doesn't look like your typical Rocky. He isn't ingreat shape, human, a little taller than average at 5'11", about 175 lbs. Dresses casually, maybe for an age younger than his mid 30s. Likes his long coat, makes him feel like everything from a cowboy to a detective. Sometimes you just feel drawn to him, especially during a run, but other times you want to kick him out of the car and leave his hoop on the curb.

I would just as soon know the other PCs at least from working together a couple of times. Maybe we just completed a run and are hitting the Stuffer Shack because we were too busy to eat for a while and we are getting ready to wind down. Stone knows his skill is pretty specialized and that he needs support to get much done. Luckily that specialization turns out to come in quite handy. Stone has been in Seattle for over 15 years and has been in the shadows most of that time. He used to hit the booze quite hard, but hasn't done so in the last decade.
tisoz
Just thought of something else, and I still see no PC as promised. wink.gif

The something else - I think I am going to do all the dice rolling. Not that I don't trust you guys, but in prior attempts to run games here the rolls defied probability. I'll use the dice program that is in the NSRCG unless someone points me to a better one. This one seems skewed a little bit to me. I'll have to try an experiment I just thought of to test it.

Anyway, upon the results being posted, you can then describe the outcome as it pertains to your PC. This will let you interpret a near margin of victory as barely overcoming your foe as well as a spectacular success being described in almost cinematic glory.

...got to go experiment!
Xiuhaun
Tisoz, if you are looking for one more, I am about ready to wrap up an ork gangmember. I will try and get you some info in the next 24 hours, if I miss your start date, that doesnt bother me much. Rounding out the background, contacts, etc, gear and build is already set.
drips
Albrecht Maltriss, more commonly known as Sphinx.

Puncturing roofs at 10 feet and breaking floors at 600 pounds, Sphinx is a behemoth of an elf. Built wide and muscular for the most part. Midnight black skin and charcoal eyes identify him as a Wakyambi. Square face, almond shaped eyes and thin lips. Nice looking face, symmetrical and pleasing. Pitch black hair styled into cornrows. He appears to be in his early 20s.

Currently dressed in a black t-shirt, some cheap jeans and a dark jacket.

History wise, Sphinx is a mercenary in hiding. In the few weeks he's spent in Seattle he hasn't really left his apartment, so it's unlikely that he would know any other PCs.
BobRoberts
I like Green Eyed Monster's idea (and with a name like that I'd be scared to disagree!). Think knowing each other gets things off to an easier start?

Drips - could we have met Sphinx on your first run outside the flat? That physical description made me start - cool stuff. smile.gif

GM dice rolling is fine with me.
drips
I suppose he might have met the others on a previous visit to Stuffer Shack or at least seen them. That would give the other PCs the idea that he isn't with the gang.

Edit: Realized what you meant when you said 'first run outside the flat'. That might work, I'll wait and see what the other players think before deciding.
tisoz
QUOTE (Xiuhaun @ Sep 4 2009, 03:15 AM) *
Tisoz, if you are looking for one more, I am about ready to wrap up an ork gangmember. I will try and get you some info in the next 24 hours, if I miss your start date, that doesnt bother me much. Rounding out the background, contacts, etc, gear and build is already set.

Ideally, I'd like 5 or 6. I'll take up to 8. I'll also put people on stand-by in case those that got in early happen to leave early.

This leave early syndrome is also why I am willing to go with up to 8.

Everyone feel free to get your characters sent. Let me know when you have it ready and request an email address through the PM. With this first scenario, it will be quite simple to have your character wander into the Stuffer Shack, thereby entering the game.

[ Spoiler ]
tisoz
I've got characters from:

drips - Sphinx
Chance359 - Tinker
Green Eyed Monster - John (Rocky) Stone
BobRoberts - Troy Anderson
Ears - Rob

And sent PM with outside email for expected PC from Xiuhaun.

Looking like an interesting, motley group. wink.gif
Ears
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Looking forward to it already.
Xiuhaun
Playing catchup - I am from Colorado, but between working full time and full time school, I usually post late in the evening with more time on the weekends.

Hugh Mahoney, aka "Knuckles", member of East Side Rebels in Tacoma. "Live fast, die young, and leave a furry patch on the highway when you are done" -Squirrel's moto, the Hells Angels of nature

[ Spoiler ]
drips
Here's hoping the PC's don't mistake Hugh for one of the offending gangers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012