Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancers and AI
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CodeBreaker
Say I have a Technomancer. That Technomancer, for all purposes has a Node in their head. Is there anything stopping a DI PC making his Home Node within the Technomancers Brain Node? I cannot find anything in the RAW that suggets they cannot. I am aware a GM Fiat might say no, and I don't really intend to ever try it but I am curious on peoples thoughts.
Starmage21
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Aug 10 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Say I have a Technomancer. That Technomancer, for all purposes has a Node in their head. Is there anything stopping a DI PC making his Home Node within the Technomancers Brain Node? I cannot find anything in the RAW that suggets they cannot. I am aware a GM Fiat might say no, and I don't really intend to ever try it but I am curious on peoples thoughts.

Only other technomancers can access their Brain-Node.
CodeBreaker
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 11 2009, 02:14 AM) *
Only other technomancers can access their Brain-Node.

Is that ever declared? I know it is shown that normal Hackers cannot Hack into the Bio-Node, but is it stated that the Technomancer cannot let them in?
toolbox
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Aug 10 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Is that ever declared? I know it is shown that normal Hackers cannot Hack into the Bio-Node, but is it stated that the Technomancer cannot let them in?

Unwired, p. 135
While the biological node is impenetrable to hackers, it is
vulnerable to technomancers and sprites, who are “on the same
wavelength,” wirelessly speaking.

That's all Unwired says on the subject.
McAllister
I think it might be a problem that the biological node has no capacity to store data, since data is all an AI is. I reckon an AI could visit, but how would it live there?
TheOOB
I've taken what it says in Unwired about the brain node to mean only resonance beings can hack into a techno, and since AI's have no resonance...
LurkerOutThere
AI's for all their mystery are creatures of bits and bites, Technomancers and Sprites are creatures of "mag....resonance" the two are not compatible.
Neraph
QUOTE (Unwired, page 135; The Biological PAN)
Unlike peripherals, standard nodes, and nexi (Nodes, p. 55), biological nodes are not "places of the Matrix" with adresses and access ID numbers, and can neither run programs nor store data.
Emphasis added.

AIs are either programs (due to the fact that they were once Pilot/Agent Programs), a lot of data (since they have to realign and make a home node), or a combination of the two.
CodeBreaker
CodeBreaker should stop posting when it is so early in the morning for him. Even I can see that that was a silly suggestion in the light of day nyahnyah.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Aug 12 2009, 10:10 AM) *
CodeBreaker should stop posting when it is so early in the morning for him. Even I can see that that was a silly suggestion in the light of day nyahnyah.gif

Of course, you could tailor a Free Sprite after an AI, have it make it's Resonance Node in a Elven Technomancer's Brain-PAN (bu-dum bum) a-la Posession, and use that super-character as a BBEG for a runner's group... That warrants some looking in to. And just to have fun, make it a Dissonance TM/Sprite.

Because we all know that GMs are allowed to bend/pretzel/break rules whenever they want.
TheOOB
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 12 2009, 01:13 PM) *
Of course, you could tailor a Free Sprite after an AI, have it make it's Resonance Node in a Elven Technomancer's Brain-PAN (bu-dum bum) a-la Posession, and use that super-character as a BBEG for a runner's group... That warrants some looking in to. And just to have fun, make it a Dissonance TM/Sprite.

Because we all know that GMs are allowed to bend/pretzel/break rules whenever they want.

Yup, I've done a spellcasting AI once as an NPC.
Neraph
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Aug 13 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Yup, I've done a spellcasting AI once as an NPC.

Since when coul Technomancers cast spells?

EDIT: Oh, the "Because we all know that GMs are allowed to bend/pretzel/break rules whenever they want." part. Got it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012