Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armored Kilt
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kronk2
playng with character idea. Troll with Claymore (sword not mine) and chaimail and kilt would be perfect for him. Essentially it would be the same rating as any ballistic cloth garment, given that it can be worn as a whole body covering or as just a lower body covering. and the chain shirt was given as 2/7.

need sleep more talk tomorrow.
Regiment
Arsenal, p. 47

Zoe Heritage Line of armored clothing.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Regiment @ Aug 14 2009, 03:22 AM) *
Arsenal, p. 47

Zoe Heritage Line of armored clothing.

Sweet and thanks
Regiment
You're welcome.

Heh, I finally get to BE helpful instead of just hammering away with questions on the good folks around here.
Kronk2
nother short question. Can I take Immunity to Normal Weps with the Spirit Pact Edge?
Adarael
I don't think so. Spirits do not ordinarily have Immunity to Normal Weapons - they have Materialization, which grants Immunity to Normal Weapons as a side-effect. Since (if I recall correctly) Spirit Pact allows a spirit to give you use of one of their powers, they can't grant this sub-effect, and they can't grant Materialize, because you're already physical.
Neraph
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Aug 14 2009, 11:00 AM) *
nother short question. Can I take Immunity to Normal Weps with the Spirit Pact Edge?

No, because ItNW is a factor of the Materialization power, which you are not allowed to take. Spirits don't get ItNW, they get Materialization (or Posession), which in turn gives them ItNW. Since you can't have the parent power, you can't have the sub-power.

EDIT: You could enter into a Pact with a Free Beetle Spirit and gain their Hardened Armor though.

EDIT2: Possibly. I checked on it and their power does not have a name and increases their existing ItNW. So maybe not.
Neraph
You can get Regeneration from a Spirit Pact though.

EDIT: You can also have a Free Spirit use their Hidden Life power on you, granting you ItNW... Page 110, Street Magic.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 14 2009, 01:05 PM) *
EDIT: You can also have a Free Spirit use their Hidden Life power on you, granting you ItNW... Page 110, Street Magic.

But then you have to deal with Hobbits trying to throw you into volcanos.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 14 2009, 12:05 PM) *
You can get Regeneration from a Spirit Pact though.

What spirit gets regen?
Kronk2
Could I get a possession spirit to pact with me so that I get it that way?
Hiroru
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:30 PM) *
What spirit gets regen?

Great form plant spirits (Street Magic, pg 57)
McAllister
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Aug 15 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Could I get a possession spirit to pact with me so that I get it that way?

You don't want to get possessed unless the spirit possessing you owes you services (i.e. you summoned it, or the summoner lent it to you) or you have Channeling, because otherwise the spirit does whatever it wants (or is ordered to do) and you get to watch. As for a pact... the only pact I can think of where you get possessed is a dream pact, and that doesn't give you any control over the spirit's actions.

That said, if you get ahold of a free spirit's formula, you can infinibind it and maybe that'll work out for you.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:30 PM) *
What spirit gets regen?

Any Free spirit can also have Regeneration
Neraph
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Aug 14 2009, 11:30 PM) *
What spirit gets regen?

Potentially any free spirit.
Kronk2
I was thinking that the (NPC) would be inhabited by a spirit of vengeance, and that he would occasionally loose control of the spirit within and the spirit would take over doing as it sees fit with the world. With out respect to law or morality. Think the punisher with mystic armor regen and a claymore.
McAllister
Fun idea; dream pact. The bloodthirsty spirit possesses the body as soon as the NPC falls asleep. I don't know whether filling the Stun track counts as falling asleep, but play it however makes a better story.
CanRay
Now, here's an important question... Would the Tartan of the Armoured Kilt cost extra if it's being worn by a spirit that you have a pact with?

And just what does a Troll wear under his Tartan? Especially as Dwarves can see under it quite easily. nyahnyah.gif
tsuyoshikentsu
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 16 2009, 01:19 PM) *
And just what does a Troll wear under his Tartan? Especially as Dwarves can see under it quite easily. nyahnyah.gif

They hate trolls for a reason.
Falanin
Personally, I'd keep a claymore (the other kind) under the tartan... I mean, who's gonna feel up the troll to see what his bulge is? biggrin.gif
CodeBreaker
That would be one massive bulge, even if he did use a modern claymore (Scottish broadsword)
Da9iel
I'm assuming "The other kind" is a claymore mine, but your way does sound very Highlander, CodeBreaker.
CodeBreaker
But then you have the problem of attaching a mine to your crotch, not something I would recommend nyahnyah.gif
Neraph
That's what a Prince Albert is for...
McAllister
I got it; chemical gland full of liquid explosive, and electroshock orthoskin. Mmm, the salsa will be chunky tonight...
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Aug 16 2009, 09:34 PM) *
But then you have the problem of attaching a mine to your crotch, not something I would recommend nyahnyah.gif

"This end towards enemy" --->
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012