Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Libya
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Greets,

What is Libya now that it has been wasted by nuclear weapons? I mean sure Hit Behghazi and Tripoli and there is not much else to hit.

Any further infromation on Libya?

I haeard that they also hold Desert Wars now in Libya is that correct?
the_real_elwood
I think that most of the land that Libya occupied is either claimed by Egypt or a UN-administrated wasteland. Also, yes, they do hold Desert Wars there. I believe Target: Wastelands has some good information if you're interested.
CodeBreaker
Target Wastelands has some stuff on modern day Libya (Because of Desert Wars).

Isreal - Libya 10 Minute War results in Isreal glassing the desert in 2004. What is left gets absorbed by Egypt.
Some decades later some Megacorps found out that there might be a Super Secret Weapons Lab of Awesome snuggled away inside. They did what the Corps do best and sent in their militaries. Media catches wind of this, and broadcasts it to really good ratings. The Megacorps do what they do second best, and exploited this to its fullest. They cut a deal with Egypt and had most of the Libyan Desert declared Corporate Court training grounds.
Now every year they host the Desert Wars, with small skirmishes every so often off-season.
Chrysalis
Could you give me an overview of Desert Wars?

Currently living in Tripoli, Libya.
the_real_elwood
Desert Wars? Merc companies and corp forces stage battles in the Libyan desert, and it's all televised for ratings and profit. Any kind of combat action could be staged, from an armored battle to a commando raid. Typically the merc companies don't mix it up with the corp forces because they'd generally be outgunned, but I believe that there's an award that goes to the merc company best able to fight above its weight class. And most of the battles don't use live ammo, so soldiers don't get actually killed, but there have been known to be matches where they use live ammo.
LurkerOutThere
Also simulated, or real desert war battle is one of the ways the corporate court can choose to let two corpations even up to double A triple A status settle their differences without affecting the bottom line too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012