Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Shadowrun 4]Skills: Active and Knowledge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Paul
Okay one of the players in my group is making a Rigger. The basic background is he started out as a helper to his father, family and friends as a shade tree mechanic. As he grew older he worked in various labor positions, as sort of an apprentice. Dry walling, roofing, wiring, plumbing, wrenching-all of that and more. He has a decent knowledge of how to use most tools, and how to drive a lot of industrial equipment. As an adult he's worked variously as a short and long haul driver, as a operator for various road and industrial equipment.

He recently came into a little bit of money, and borrowed against it. (The In Debt negative quality) Unable to pay he's been forced to take work as a wheel man for the team. Now I used this site as inspiration, but I want to get some outside input on what sort of skill groups he'll be looking to use, or need to make a decent wheel man.

Currently this is the vehicle he's settled on using.
Bugfoxmaster
Nice car. I always liked the 'up-opening doors' thing. Good fun.
Try the 'pilot groundcraft' skill, for one thing. I fhe's a handyman, I might suggest you go for industrial mechanic (the skill), and definitely get a 'shop' of tools, since he does all kinds of labor.
Mod up the car heavily, armor it, add a chemical seal (always good to have). If you're feeling extremely paranoid, also mount a weapon, just for kicks (though that might be illegal).
If your character's likely to have any knowledge of it, get a gun. And if you're feeling in the mood for humor (which you might be), or are playing in a pink mohawk game, get 'exotic melee weapon skill: Wrench', and mod up a wrench to be a badass weapon.
Paul
Right now weapons, and fancy stuff like a chemical seal, and armor, are out of the question. (Not enough money.) But down the road that's definitely on the menu. Right now I believe three of us have no, or a single weapon between us. And frankly I didn't want to buy that one.

I missed the Industrial Mechanic skill, and I'll be looking at that shortly!
Bugfoxmaster
I understand the concept of a low-powered game with very role-intensive characters, but I mean make him able to hit people with a wrench - which being a handyman, he's likely to carry.
In any case, have fun with it, and make him how you'd like - worst case scenario, take a bunch of the mechanics skills and piloting skills, and go from there!
Paul
QUOTE (Bugfoxmaster @ Aug 21 2009, 09:41 PM) *
I understand the concept of a low-powered game with very role-intensive characters, but I mean make him able to hit people with a wrench - which being a handyman, he's likely to carry.

He'll be defaulting, but it's worth it. Luckily if he needs to beat people up for us we're pretty screwed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012