Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paracritters!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheMidnightHobo
My friend is trying to buy a Hellhound (he's recently turned into a wolf-man himself, but that's another story), and we can't find any rules for prices on paracritters at all. Which is weird, because SR4 specifically says megacorps use them for defense. Anyone got anything?
knasser
QUOTE (TheMidnightHobo @ Aug 22 2009, 09:10 PM) *
My friend is trying to buy a Hellhound (he's recently turned into a wolf-man himself, but that's another story), and we can't find any rules for prices on paracritters at all. Which is weird, because SR4 specifically says megacorps use them for defense. Anyone got anything?

You really want to get Running Wild which came out very recently. There are rules for both training and buying critters and paracritters. Base cost for a Hell Hound is 10,000 nuyen.gif but training can jack that up quite quickly.

K.
TheMidnightHobo
Thanks! I'm sure he'll be very happy!
knasser
QUOTE (TheMidnightHobo @ Aug 22 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Thanks! I'm sure he'll be very happy!

There are also warforms. Genetically optimised normal animals. Think dogs / bears / great cats or whatever, with boosted strength, speed, natural weapons, etc.

Definitely worth a look. Glad to have helped,

K.
remmus
btw can paracritters like the hellhound crossbreed with "normal" animals, hellhounds are in sense canines, could one breed with a husky and give you a hell husky?

Or is it like metahuman cross breeding that you are one or the other, not a mix of both.
knasser
QUOTE (remmus @ Aug 23 2009, 01:48 PM) *
btw can paracritters like the hellhound crossbreed with "normal" animals, hellhounds are in sense canines, could one breed with a husky and give you a hell husky?

Or is it like metahuman cross breeding that you are one or the other, not a mix of both.

I'm not aware of an official reference, but I would say that it is the same as with metahumans (the equivalent of paracritters) and that offspring could go either way. There are definitely no rules for half-breeds. Warforms (genetically modified, not paranatural) can be bred with ordinary animals, but the offspring will not necessarily be warforms. Modern animals that you might buy are normally clones with the obvious exception of paracritters which can't be cloned at present.
remmus
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 23 2009, 03:02 PM) *
I'm not aware of an official reference, but I would say that it is the same as with metahumans (the equivalent of paracritters) and that offspring could go either way. There are definitely no rules for half-breeds. Warforms (genetically modified, not paranatural) can be bred with ordinary animals, but the offspring will not necessarily be warforms. Modern animals that you might buy are normally clones with the obvious exception of paracritters which can't be cloned at present.

sweet, maybe I´ll suggest the idea of a hell husky then to my artist friend :3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012