Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mage Initiation Group
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cantose
I have been searching the forum, I can't seem to find any IC initiation groups.

Any advice on how to get into one ?

Thanks!

LurkerOutThere
Errr are you talking for missions or something else?
Ravor
I could've swore that there were a few examples in Street Magic.
McAllister
IC? The only things I'm familiar with IC standing for are Intrusion Countermeasures and In Character. Now, you have a point that most of the initiatory groups in Street Magic are highly exclusive (MCT 13: must be a mitsuhama corpmage. Brotherhood of Iron Crescent: must be 10,000 Daggers merc) you could probably find a local chapter of the Hermetic Order of the Auric Aurora to initiate with, as long as you're a mage. Any non-UFC adept is screwed for initiatory groups in Street Magic. Maybe initiatory groups are assumed to be local, and lack any serious structure because they exist mostly for the individual benefit to each member?
Cantose
Thanks for the great info !!

It is for a missions char .. just looking to expand the contacts as well as save on Karma costs smile.gif

I appreciate the feedback..
HappyDaze
Magical Groups/Initiatory Groups are specifically spelled out as NOT being Contacts in Runner's Companion. See the section on group contacts in that book for details.
McAllister
Always struck me as weird. I guess what it's trying to say is "you don't have to pay BP/karma to have friends... just to have friends you can pull out of your butt."
TheOOB
Well, the members of your magical group are your allies in that they are part of the same group, but if you want them to help you outside of their group duties you need them as contacts.
HappyDaze
if you want them to help you outside of their group duties you need them as contacts

And if the group has the Fraternity stricture?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012