Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I the only one who thought of Shadowrun after seeing this video?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
'Sconnie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbI87tyr_4

Sounds like something the Megas would put out...
the_real_elwood
That's definitely some corp propaganda right there.
Straight Razor
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=515642196227308929
Kerenshara
Forget "corporate" -which it is, in a funky 6th World sort of way. Did anybody else notice the distinctly Soviet (NOT Russian) tone on the wording? Or the Nationalistic refrain? I think somebody forgot to tell these guys the Cold War's over... of course it's not really over, and the Russians never believed it was anyway, but...

*shudders*

And let's not forget these yahoos control virtually all of central and Eastern Europe's natural gas, and they use gas very heavily for winter heating.
Blade
And they were supposed to build a 'Gazprom City' (it has been renamed and delayed).
And they've got the rights to maintain an army for the protection of their assets.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Blade @ Aug 24 2009, 10:58 AM) *
And they were supposed to build a 'Gazprom City' (it has been renamed and delayed).
And they've got the rights to maintain an army for the protection of their assets.

Yeah, THAT part's seriously 6th World. Last I had heard a lot of the knuckleheads running that company are actually buddies from back in the Agency of State Security. These days they go by FSB, but they used to be the KGB. I guess a leopard isn't the only animal that can't change its spots - apparently Red bears can't either.
Tyro
Damn... I ripped the video and am putting a shortcut in my Shadowrun 4e folder. Awesome find (in a very, very scary sort of way).
Tyro
Damn... I ripped the video and am putting a shortcut in my Shadowrun 4e folder. Awesome find (in a very, very scary sort of way).
Rasumichin
Some years ago, a friend of mine got a CD with a corporate anthem from his employer, a local chemistry corp.
We where all laughing our asses off while listening to it, really cheesy early 90s pop tune.

But at least that one wasn't sung by one of the CEOs... ohplease.gif
Rayzorblades
QUOTE (Straight Razor @ Aug 24 2009, 07:25 AM) *

Wasn't the song in that vid Mona Lisa Overdrive from The Matrix: Reloaded soundtrack?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012