Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally, Augmented Really gets closer... :)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zeepee
Hello fellow Dumpshockers,

Long time watcher, first time poster here.

Just saw this videoclip on YouTube and thought it looked cool, so wanted to share in case you haven't seen it.

YouTube Link

I really hope this is just the beginning and goggles or something will come to in a couple of years.

Ohh, by the way. I really enjoy this forum a lot, you guys really have some interesting points of view, so thanks for sharing your thoughts.. smile.gif

/Zeepee

Edit: The topic should have said "Finally, Augmented Reality gets closer" but I can't figure out how to edit the topic.
DarkKindness
That's actually pretty cool, and the technology exists (though it hasn't caught on in any significant way) to set that up to broadcast to a real monocle or set of HUD glasses. Interesting possibilities here.
Zeepee
Hehe, found another and much better video on YouTube, also an application for the iPhone, but with more options.

YouTube Link

This just looks so cool.. smile.gif

Just think how cool this would be in a couple of years, when its more widely used and hopefully interactable.

/Zeepee
remmus
QUOTE (Zeepee @ Aug 28 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Hehe, found another and much better video on YouTube, also an application for the iPhone, but with more options.

YouTube Link

This just looks so cool.. smile.gif

Just think how cool this would be in a couple of years, when its more widely used and hopefully interactable.

/Zeepee

and reduced in size to fit inside a pair of sunglasses...screens thin as paper is already a reality
Nigel
There's an AR app for the Android called Layar. Layar seems much more versatile and useful, due to having multiple layers you can turn on and off, created by devs (rather than just the bar/restaurant ratings on Yelp).

YouTube link displaying one of many layers available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012