Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A "street sam" I made
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
X-Kalibur
I've been playing around with this concept for a week and a half or so. I think I'm finally happy with it, but I'm sure someone can find a place where I broke some rules or could make minor improvements. With that said and done, let's start the show. I used Gunslinger Girl as my reference for this, so some of this is as much fluff reasoning as anything else. (I used a normal 400 BP for this, as that's what we use at my table).

[ Spoiler ]

speak your minds, even if you just want to laugh at me, I welcome it.
Bugfoxmaster
That's a very... interesting backstory. Even though it really isn't related or similar, for some reason it reminds me of Bourne...
Kind of an aside - I usually see martial arts on these kinds of guys. If not, cool, but something to think on. Additionally, since he's not carrying a knife (desite his blades skill...), you could turn the blades skill into an unared combat skill, which would work well with his bone-implants, giving him a lethal-damage way of kicking ass even without his guns. and nobody's gonna bully that fucker.
Mäx
Thats a pretty solid build as far as i can see.
I've also been thinking about a street samurai build inspired by Gunslinger Girl, but i was planning on making her either a gnome or a surged elf with neoteny.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Bugfoxmaster @ Aug 28 2009, 04:38 PM) *
That's a very... interesting backstory. Even though it really isn't related or similar, for some reason it reminds me of Bourne...
Kind of an aside - I usually see martial arts on these kinds of guys. If not, cool, but something to think on. Additionally, since he's not carrying a knife (desite his blades skill...), you could turn the blades skill into an unared combat skill, which would work well with his bone-implants, giving him a lethal-damage way of kicking ass even without his guns. and nobody's gonna bully that fucker.

There should be a ceramic knife in there, I actually debated the unarmed quite a bit, originally having both blades and unarmed.

QUOTE (max)
I've also been thinking about a street samurai build inspired by Gunslinger Girl, but i was planning on making her either a gnome or a surged elf with neoteny.

It was more fun than it should have been, and the character could still be adapted into a normal age pretty easily. Also for good fun, making a knife adept in the tune of Pinocchio, if you've seen Il Teatrino (season 2, basically).
Adarael
I need to learn to read. I looked at your sheet and went, "Is this Gunslinger Girl?" And totally didn't notice that you'd said it was. I feel much less clever now.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Adarael @ Aug 28 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I need to learn to read. I looked at your sheet and went, "Is this Gunslinger Girl?" And totally didn't notice that you'd said it was. I feel much less clever now.

I'm glad the connection was made solely off of the character bits. I know synthetic limbs would have been more appropriate, but they are too damned expensive both on nuyen and essence, to justify it. Plus, they still bleed and look human, so loading up on the less physically invasive stuff made the most sense to me.
Summerstorm
Just a small... big problem with it. Of course it really isn't stated as a hard rule, but i find it unlikely that they are able to implant some of these systems into a fourteen year old boy.

The problem would be his growth. If you cram in bonelacing you cripple him for life. And the wired reflexes would, i think cease to work in a year or so (And may induce critical injuries to his nervous system in the process too). All other (the headware for example) and such may be problematic as well, as his bones harden and change. (Not to mention his brainmatter and nervous system is still in the end of development.

I normaly only allow geneware in embryos and young children. And after puberty onset (When the body at least .. tries to stabilize the chemistry) you could implant some bioware. Since it will regulate its own form and growth. But static cyberware in a such a young boy... would mean endless operations after each growthspurt, and even then it may cripple or impair him forever.

So all in all... i would create him pure with genetech and bioware maybe... but maybe i am just thinking too realistic. But i hate such huge holes in the logic.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Aug 28 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Just a small... big problem with it. Of course it really isn't stated as a hard rule, but i find it unlikely that they are able to implant some of these systems into a fourteen year old boy.

The problem would be his growth. If you cram in bonelacing you cripple him for life. And the wired reflexes would, i think cease to work in a year or so (And may induce critical injuries to his nervous system in the process too). All other (the headware for example) and such may be problematic as well, as his bones harden and change. (Not to mention his brainmatter and nervous system is still in the end of development.

I normaly only allow geneware in very embryos and children. And after puberty onset (When the body at least .. tries to stabilize the chemistry) you could implant some bioware. Since it will regulate its own form and growth. But static cyberware in a such a young boy... would mean endless operations after each growthspurt, and even then it may cripple or impair him forever.

So all in all... i would create him pure with genetech and bioware maybe... but maybe i am just thinking too realistic. But i hate such huge holes in the logic.

That is actually a very good point. I can't address it on a purely scientific level, mind you. As in the show, a knife wound to a limb requires massive surgery and possible replacement with a new one. The girls also don't appear to actually grow during this time either. Leading me to believe they are perpetually stuck at their age. Which may be intentional, all things considered. Otherwise I totally agree with you, the plates are still open in the bones.
Critias
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Aug 28 2009, 05:46 PM) *

I normaly only allow geneware in embryos and young children. And after puberty onset (When the body at least .. tries to stabilize the chemistry) you could implant some bioware. Since it will regulate its own form and growth. But static cyberware in a such a young boy... would mean endless operations after each growthspurt, and even then it may cripple or impair him forever.

Obviously not a Gunslinger Girl fan. cyber.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 29 2009, 01:50 AM) *
Obviously not a Gunslinger Girl fan. cyber.gif

Obviously wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012