Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock Data Haven now taking submissions!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bull
http://datahaven.dumpshock.com/

We're updated, and we're rolling slowly toward our first release! Check the DDH website for information on submissions, our Feature guidelines, and a small list of our initial Shadowtalk cast!

(THe website is not final, but is a work in ever changing process smile.gif)

Bul
The Overlord
ohhhh! If DDH is accepting home rule guides then I have a some material for creating a drone from scratch that I would like to submit... once I have cleaned it up.
deek
Very good...looks like I have some writing and submissions to polish up!
Bull
I'm caught up on my e-mail now. So... Couple quick notes.

I've had a couple folks comment now that their Spam Filters caught emails from dsdatahaven@gmail.com. Possibly because the mail was sent to a whole bunch of emails at once. Check your spam filter to make sure it's not catching mail from us.

And second, I should have replied to everyone that expressed interest so far. If you have not gotten an email from me, I may not have gotten it. PLease resend, and make sure you have the right address (I had posted the wrong one at one point).

Thanks,
Bull
ravensmuse
Bull, I'm going to send some stuff your way tonight or tomorrow.

I actually cheered when I saw a couple of Bug City handles. No sysop06 though? smile.gif
Bull
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Sep 1 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Bull, I'm going to send some stuff your way tonight or tomorrow.

I actually cheered when I saw a couple of Bug City handles. No sysop06 though? smile.gif

I thought about it,and figured he'd be too easy. Bull survived in Bug City for a long time and helped SYSop get the Chicago BBS back online, so I figured he'd be friends with a few folks who survived the CZ. Of course, there aren't many of em, and how many of THOSE are still alive 10 years later?

In general, besides my characters (and those that other contributors contribute), I wanted to have some "Names" that we could use, but that weren't a part of Jackpoint. So I grabbed a handful of characters from some old books that I figure are still around, though most are probably retired or crippled these days. At some point I'll do a bit more research and write up a little more data on them, kind of a "Where are they now" thing.

Bull
ravensmuse
I love Bug City. Like, my favorite book in the SR series. Hm, thoughts.
Bladerunner
Bull,

I've got a few stories I'll prep to pass your way. First though, I'll pass you an email and check out the submission guidelines.
Bull
Just a bit of an update for everyone...

The First issue is shaping up nicely. We have most of the writing done, just needs to be run through the editing mill. Then the tough part hits: Art and Layout.

The first issue is a bear because not only are you trying to get the work that would go into a normal issue done (Soliciting, going through submissions, answering questions, assigning work, etc), but we're also figuring out exactly how we want to present our Features, how long things should (and shouldn't) be, finding folks to write the regular columns that will be showing up monthly, etc. Plus, Caine Hazen gets the fun job of figuing out exactly how the logo's and such will work, finding artists and assessing what their strengths and weaknesses are, and figuring out the overall layout of the magazine.

Plus we're doing all this in less than 2 months time. 6 weeks, really. Ouch. So I'm really pushing the folks we have on board right now, but I think that in the end it will be worth it.

I'm really looking forward to getting the first issue out and seeing what everyone thinks! smile.gif

Bull & The DDH Staff
[jackal]
Nothing like the rush of deadlines....
Bull
QUOTE ([jackal] @ Sep 9 2009, 05:12 AM) *

Nothing like the rush of deadlines....

Amen. Issue 2 will be a bit better, as you'll have a full 2 months to do your stuff, rather than the maybe month you got for Issue 1 ;)
ElFenrir
Sent an email inquiring about this. If I read everything right on the site I think I am quite interested in this.
Kazuhiro
Sorry for the necropost.

But uh-

What is this and how do I subscribe to it? Can't find anything on the site.
Warlordtheft
It is on the important links sticky under the Dumpshock Data Haven (I believe it will a downloadable PDF but don't quote me--last I checked issue #1 was being finalized and issue #2 had quite afew submissions for content.

However---Bull may have better idea in regards to its status as he was fending off technical glitches and formatting issues. (caused by dissonant technos to hear him describe it!! wobble.gif )

Have not seen an updated eta on the 1st issue in a while.
deek
AFAIK, its not being actively worked on. We got all the content in for the first issue, but technical problems with formatting a draft ensued and I can only assume that the key people working on the layout no longer have/had time to work on it. I also think that the desire to have some high level of quality on first issue has caused those in charge to rather not release the content in favor of it looking nice.

Personally, I think the real driver of DDH is the content (articles, fiction and artwork) and it could be physically cut out, taped to construction paper and scanned into PDF form and receive just as much kudos (and use) from the community...
Brol_The_Mighty
I agree.
Lok1 :)
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=30045
My idea
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012