Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What D&D Character Are You?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 16 2009, 12:39 PM) *
But you know blow-em-up casters. Lot's of fireworks fast, and then we're spent for the night.

I'll be sure to memorize some expeditious retreats along with rope trick so I'll have a place to get away when everyone's shot their load and we have to run from the orc horde.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Sep 17 2009, 12:52 AM) *
I'll be sure to memorize some expeditious retreats along with rope trick so I'll have a place to get away when everyone's shot their load and we have to run from the orc horde.

Ah yeah, I best do that too.
Chrysalis
I can look professionally cute. *pout*
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 17 2009, 09:40 AM) *
I can look professionally cute. *pout*

Uhhh, you get to inspire the rest of us, by dancing or playing instruments.

At 5th level... let's see, what do you get....

Well, you get to Inspire Courage in us! We get a +1 morale bonus to our saving throws against charms and fear, and a +1 morale bonus on our attack rolls and damage rolls! We get that bonus as long as you perform! That's actually a pretty crappy bonus for a bunch of mages...
pbangarth
I'm not up on the latest incarnation of D&D, but don't sorcerers get to be more physical than wizards? So, sing for me, Chrysalis! I perform so much better when you do.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 17 2009, 12:20 PM) *
I'm not up on the latest incarnation of D&D, but don't sorcerers get to be more physical than wizards? So, sing for me, Chrysalis! I perform so much better when you do.

I don't know, but the quiz is most decidedly 3rd / 3.5 edition D&D, so we must go by that system.

Also, bards need to make their perform check to influence people with their bardic music ability. I believe many DMs allow Perform (Dance) to work for Bardic music. Don't try to pidgeonhole someone into singing or playing an instrument. frown.gif

Some of my favorite perform skills.
Perform (Dance)
Perform (Spoons)
Perform (Lip Sync)
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 17 2009, 12:17 PM) *
I don't know, but the quiz is most decidedly 3rd / 3.5 edition D&D, so we must go by that system.

Darn, I've converted to Pathfinder (3.75), ah well, I'll jump back to 3rd edition for this endeavor. wink.gif

Yes, sing for us, Chrysalis! Plus, if you throw in a dance number that'll be even better.
Chrysalis
According to the d20srd www.d20srd.org, "Every bard spell has a verbal component (singing, reciting, or music)" and with class abilities,

Once per day per bard level, a bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of bardic music and the descriptions discuss singing or playing instruments, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies, whistling, playing an instrument, or playing an instrument in combination with some spoken performance.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 18 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Once per day per bard level, a bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). While these abilities fall under the category of bardic music and the descriptions discuss singing or playing instruments, they can all be activated by reciting poetry, chanting, singing lyrical songs, singing melodies, whistling, playing an instrument, or playing an instrument in combination with some spoken performance.

Yes, there is the verbal component, but the effect is partially determined based on your Perform skill. So all you have to do is say some inspiring words while using Perform(Dance) on a pole and you get the effect.
Chrysalis
I don't think the verbal component of watchers count. Or their fapping.

Although a bard with speciality perform (pole dance) would be amusing. But then I would charge the players for their fapping.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 18 2009, 01:40 PM) *
I don't think the verbal component of watchers count. Or their fapping.

Although a bard with speciality perform (pole dance) would be amusing. But then I would charge the players for their fapping.

No, no, no. You just need to recite poetry while performing the pole dance and you can affect characters with Bardic Music.
Adarael
You people are goddamn nuts, you know that? smile.gif
BishopMcQ
I prefer "touched," but yeah...
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Adarael @ Sep 18 2009, 02:30 PM) *
You people are goddamn nuts, you know that? smile.gif

I prefer "abnormally normal" myself. I find the term "nuts" to be demeaning.
Tachi
True Neutral Human Wizard (5th Level)

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

[ Spoiler ]
MusicMan
Lawful Neutral Human Cleric
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Adarael @ Sep 11 2009, 11:41 AM) *
A lot of that is probably based on how they word the questions. I'm very, very legalistic in how I look at societies, but since all the questions were like, "Which is more important, the letter of the law, or the spirit?" and "the spirit" of the law is taken to be Neutral... Well, there you go. Which I find funny, since law, as a profession, is about interpretation and application of the spirit of the law.

Law in D&D is substantially more primal than merely the laws written by man. Order is really a better term for it as that is ultimately what it represents. It is the force behind the fundamental immutable rules of the universe without which nothing could exist. At the same time, it is the antithesis of free will. The most common personifications of Law are the Modrons, machines that lack free will; they merely perform their assigned tasks and keep Mechanus running smoothly.

Interpreting the spirit of the law is itself less orderly and precise. It involves a bit of unpredictability and free will, things that Law does not embrace.

Of course, most lawful beings take a more reasonable approach to it, but the closer any individual is to the extremely of his alignment the less sane he is from a human perspective. Take characters like Vhailor the Mercykiller, the chosen champion of Law , a dude who'd execute a person for jaywalking.

Dimitri 'leadhead' Volin
Chaotic Evil Human Wizard (1st level)..... That feels about right, I'm a pretty amoral person.
kanislatrans
Neutral good human druid/ranger 3/3 here... pretty accurate I guess...thats usually my default character type
ludomastro
5th Level Neutral Good Human Cleric

Works for me. Not what I normally play but works for who I am.

[ Spoiler ]
PBTHHHHT
speaking of dnd... privateer press has finally released some of their 3.5 stuff out on pdf. Yes!!!
Critias
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Sep 24 2009, 02:00 AM) *
speaking of dnd... privateer press has finally released some of their 3.5 stuff out on pdf. Yes!!!

I still wish they had more concrete plans for what to do since the 4th edition jump. They're still releasing a few RPG goodies (in NQ) for 3.5...but we'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.
AJCarrington
Pretty sure that there is a link/post on this floating about RPGnet. IIRC, they are in the process of developing an in-house system; no time frame or other details. I actually think that a Fantasy Craft port would be really interesting to see.

AJC
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Critias @ Sep 24 2009, 09:52 AM) *
I still wish they had more concrete plans for what to do since the 4th edition jump. They're still releasing a few RPG goodies (in NQ) for 3.5...but we'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.

well, 3.5 rules, it's not so much of a problem to pathfinder rules. That's what I've converted to instead of 4th.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Sep 23 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Take characters like Vhailor the Mercykiller, the chosen champion of Law , a dude who'd execute a person for jaywalking.

Hey, at least he's consistient.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012