I have a concept for a Technomancer, but I cannot seem to put him to the numbers. Even with all the neat additional options that the storyteller provides us with.

The concept is the following in very broad strokes.

Before he Emerged, the character was an engineer working for one of the AAA's, a designer of drones and their equipment. (The electronics skill is definitely a given, as are some of the technical skills (although I haven't decided on which yet).)

When he Emerged he noticed that he could actually 'talk' with the Drones on a level that way surpassed that of the 'normal' talking to the drones through ordinary animism (a common psychological trait amongst engineers). He himself realized that their was something wrong, and while he did manage to hide his new found abilities from the Corp, he also became increasingly paranoid.

Because of his paranoia, he eventually lost his job. And with his cozy paycheck, he also lost his wife and he slowly spiraled into something quite mad and ended up on the streets, where he became something like a good street mechanic for those who would take the time to get past his paranoia.

After a while he became embroiled into a regular team of runners working through all the world providing them with the technical support as well as some hacking support. (That last part is slightly annoying, but nobody seems to be willing to play the hacker and the ST has asked me to take that role as well, but one can use Sprites for that.)

As for the character's build rules, which are pretty nice.

1) 400 BP starting character *
2) A maximum of 70 BP in negative qualities, a maximum of 35 in positive qualities (but these can be improved with karma) *
* There is no requirement to use any of this on money, or stick to the cap of 200BP for attributes.
3) 100 Karma
4) 150.000 nuyen.gif
5) 2x Charisma score in BP for contacts and 1 free contact.

The thing is, that even with all these nice goodies I can't seem to get this technomancer ready as he should be, while before I have done many a hacker style technomancer with quite some ease. Dumpshockers, please help smile.gif