Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bringing the Kid along
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Androcomputus
I am playing a 16 year old Technomancer, After the first game of shadowrun I saw how lethal the game really is as a single full auto salvo of bullets can end all but the toughest shadowrunners.

In the group we have...

Me (Technomancer)
Utility Mage
Cyber Ganger (a hybrid of Street Sam. and Street Ganger)
Face/Infiltration

I was wondering because my character only has armored clothing (school uniform) and 2s in all of his physical stats (except reaction, that is a 3). What would be the best approach to bringing the Technomancer on a shadowrun. So far I have always been within 2km and acting as mission control.

In case of Faraday Cages, I suppose the Street Sam would spend the first round pushing me into cover, while I spend my first round finding better cover.

Please post your advice.
Khyron
grab an area map and look for the safest place to be during the whole run and go there, rejoin the team when the baddies are down. As a teen and the party hacker, I'd suggest your only combat actions should be along the lines of "run away!" and "full defense!", so make sure you have run and dodge skills.
Mister Book
My first rule is take cover. I don't care how cybered you are, take cover. As funny as it sounds, if there's no cover get behind someone bigger than you are.

All heroes are dead, there are only survivors and those who did not.
Kerrang
First off, buy yourself an Armor Jacket, you are a technomancer, what else are you gonna spend nuyen on?

Definitely grab cover and stay there when bullets start flying, but that doesn't mean you won't have anything to do. Try to hack anything around you that might be used to aid your fellow runners, or distract/disable the opposition. You can also do those thing for your party which they do not have time to do themselves.

Perfect example from my groups run yesterday: The groups combat mage, TM and a couple of others were in a Bulldog, and they had to open the back door of the van to toss explosives out at a vehicle behind them. Pretty much all of the characters in the van had only one IP, and were all to busy casting or shooting to take time to close the door. Knowing their enemies had rolled higher init, and likely had more passes, when I asked what the TM what she was doing as the last person acting on that IP, she simply closed the door. Now her fellow runners had full protection from the Bulldog's armor during the beginning of the next pass, instead of just partial cover due to the door being open.
Ravor
Do your best to blend in, yes this means ditching your "school uniform" and buying some new cloths and armor as well as a gun, even if you can't shoot straight... Otherwise you are asking to be mistaken for a mage...
the_real_elwood
If I were you, I'd see about finding myself a bit more armor. Sure, you may take some penalties from wearing too much armor, but since you ought to just be hiding if combat breaks out it shouldn't matter too much. But basically, your best bet if you have to actually come along on a run is to hide and stay away from the bullets as best you can.
KCKitsune
Heck, get an Urban Explorer jump suit. Without the helmet it can almost be considered active day wear.

Is it me being paranoid... or smart: my Chaos Combat mage has 10/9 Armor setup.
Androcomputus
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 14 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Do your best to blend in, yes this means ditching your "school uniform" and buying some new cloths and armor as well as a gun, even if you can't shoot straight... Otherwise you are asking to be mistaken for a mage...

I will as soon as He meets someone who shadowruns enough... probably the Ork as he is suppose to be street savvy, Walking around with a mage is asking for trouble...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012