Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what will(would) you turn into after goblinization, UGE, etc...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hatspur
So my group has this on running gag going where we talk about what member of metahumanity if any, we as people would turn into. It usually devolves into a discussion about physical appearance (oh this guy is big, he'll probably turn into a troll) or presence and demeanor (he seems kind of shy, he'll probably turn into a dwarf).

This inevitably leads to our discussions of how racism plays such a huge role in our perceptions of metahumanity in Shadowrun. I was wondering if you all have similar discussions relating to this issue or how you perceive yourselves and other people during the post awakening.

The poll question is obviously not canon because I am including Elf and Dwarf as goblinization options, but I'm just curious about what people think if they had the chance.
Bull
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3853...mp;id=621635972

Hell, I'm already an Ork. I just need natural tusks.

Oh, and...

I'm gonna do a minor edit to your poll. Shadowrun Ork is spelled with a K, not a C. As someone who played an ork for a decade, it's a pet peeve of mine. smile.gif Orcs with a C have green skin and live in D&D Land. smile.gif
Hatspur
Oh my goodness. I apologize.

I could have sworn I had covered all my bases canonically and here I went and failed on a spelling error. I need to play more Shadowrun.

I'm basically a tall human with not quite enough gauntness to be considered a candidate for Elfyness. So I figured I would stay the same.

I have a good friend however who my entire group agrees will turn into an Elf Poser. rotfl.gif
Marwynn
Being 6 foot tall and bulky at 220 pounds I'm gonna say I'd be ironically a thin Elf or a short Dwarf.
milk ducks
Gotta go with Ork.

-milk.
wind_in_the_stones
I'm staying human. Nothing interesting ever happens to me. I won't even die in the VITAS plague.
tisoz
I got called a troll once, well more than once if you count online. Anyway, when I asked the guy what he meant, he explained about this roleplaying game named Shadowrun. That was almost 20 years ago...
Summerstorm
Humm... i would like to become an elf... but i am not really the type. I think i will stay human... but maybe i awaken *g*. Summoning Adept maybe.
Jaid
hmmm... probably dwarf. i don't like being around lots of people, i'm easy to overlook in social situations, and i'm studying robotics... oh, and i may as well live in a cave =P
McAllister
I would probably goblinize into a dwarf. It doesn't fit my personality or build, but goblinization doesn't give a damn about that, now, does it?
underaneonhalo
A couple weeks ago a friend of mine told me that she never ceases to be amused by me "looking like some big scary guy" yet being horribly polite. This is fine because I like Trolls.
tsuyoshikentsu
I will turn into a fomori.

And then I will be Thud.
Neraph
Due to my racial/genetic backround/heritage, I'm all set up for a Fomori. Due to my real personal backround (which would, interestingly enough, make a good fiction [even written as an autobiography like it is]), I would undoubtedly Awaken, probably pre-Initiated, as a Mystic Adept, heavy on both sides actually.

Plus, studying martial arts (including weapons) for the past nearly 15 years does things to one's Positive Qualities as well.

The funny thing is that I am exactly one inch shorter (last I checked) than the global average height of a human male, making me supposedly the normal height for a Japanese male (roughly 5'7"-5'8"), which is odd because my bigger brother is 6'2" (he's an Elf Poseur - complete with vanity) and I'm, as you may have figured out, Irish and Scottish, not Japanese.
Telion
Staying Human, I got luck on my side (massive karma pool or edge if it must be so), besides I get better odds at the lotto this way.
Larsine
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 16 2009, 06:07 AM) *
I'm gonna do a minor edit to your poll. Shadowrun Ork is spelled with a K, not a C. As someone who played an ork for a decade, it's a pet peeve of mine. smile.gif Orcs with a C have green skin and live in D&D Land. smile.gif

Shadowrun orks or not the only orks to be spelled with a K.

Orcs in D&D wasn't always green. In the beginning they looked something like a cross between a human a a pig, and gray-green skin.

I Warhammer Fantasy you will find green orcs, and in Warhammer 40K you will find green orks.

Lars
Cardul
1) You only goblinize into Ork or Troll...Elf and Dwarf are born that way.

2) Given my luck....it will be Troll.
Mister Book
Wasn't one of the Comet effects you change into turn into any meta?
TeknoDragon
Based on my build, most likely an Ork.

I'd hope to SURGE halfway draconic, given my choice.
Hagga
QUOTE (underaneonhalo @ Sep 16 2009, 06:53 AM) *
A couple weeks ago a friend of mine told me that she never ceases to be amused by me "looking like some big scary guy" yet being horribly polite. This is fine because I like Trolls.

Huh. You too?

I suspect I'd end up as a human changeling instead, if I survived that long. Metagenetic improvement (body), maybe berserker or astral hazing as the nasty. I'm monstrous, but I'm fitter than anything else.
Blade
I'm shorter and have more willpower than average... but I'm not stocky nor strong, so I can't be a dwarf. Maybe one of the metavariants, but I don't know them very well so I chose human.
Stahlseele
Troll, maybe Troll Meta Variant Giant. At least, i certainly hope so . . i would not mind being dumbed down a bit, if i get a thick skin and a body like Atlas.
hobgoblin
how about a night one with deep green fur and bad temper?

thing is i have the build and day/night cycle of a night one, but the temper of my namesake...
darthmord
I have a lot of the SR Elf physical characteristics. My ears even have a pointier tip than most people have. They are still rounded but the tips are far more pointed than is normal. I would more than likely be an Elf is such were to come to pass.

The same would go for a couple of my kids. My wife and the rest of the kids would likely stay human.
Remmster
Ork. Drawbacks on life expectancy, but who wants to live forever, eh?

Actually, given my totally average height and build, I could be anything from staying human to dwarf and would be okay with anything. Okay, maybe not Troll. Not because I don't like Trolls. I wuv Trolls. But I have a friend who's over 2m tall - and seeing him drive a car or trying to fit through a lower doorway is among the more hillarious things to witness. Man, trolls really must suffer in tiny-human-world.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 16 2009, 08:03 AM) *
1) You only goblinize into Ork or Troll...Elf and Dwarf are born that way.

However, not all elves were born after 2012.
Bugfoxmaster
Tall, skinny, and fast... Hmm... I'm gonna go with Elf. Or the skinniest troll in the world.
Adavisk
I'd have to go for drake common mostly because that would rock and flying is cool but its even cooler when you don't need a plane
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012