Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vehiclke design rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
limejello10512
Hi I know there are rules for modifying vehicles and that players can't design their own from scratch but are their any rules regarding what is and is not possible and how much it would cost for GM reference? Where would I find something like that? Or should I just look at the costs in arsenal and guess pretty much arbitrarily?
Nigel
I've been wondering about this for a while, since I tend to play Riggers a lot. It would be amazing if someone could come up with rules for this, but as far as I know there are none.
Paul
Aresenal, I'm not sure which page sorry, has some rules. They, unfortunately, refer at points to the main book which contains very little of use to modifying or creating vehicles.
Jaid
the simplest method is to go to arsenal, choose one of the vehicles there, and modify it. when you've finished modifying it, call it something different, and you're good to go.

if you want to get *really* fancy, you can even start using one of the vehicles in arsenal, change around a few mods, tweak the stats on the vehicle itself a little bit, and call that a new vehicle. with GM permission, you can even have it ruled as being like that straight out of the factory, with none of it's mod slots filled.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Jaid @ Sep 16 2009, 05:33 PM) *
the simplest method is to go to arsenal, choose one of the vehicles there, and modify it. when you've finished modifying it, call it something different, and you're good to go.

if you want to get *really* fancy, you can even start using one of the vehicles in arsenal, change around a few mods, tweak the stats on the vehicle itself a little bit, and call that a new vehicle. with GM permission, you can even have it ruled as being like that straight out of the factory, with none of it's mod slots filled.

This is my preferred method until (or if) we get a Rigger Book
eidolon
QUOTE (eidolon @ Sep 15 2009, 11:18 AM) *
Here's my thought on designing vehicles from scratch.

1. Make up what the vehicle is or start with a vehicle in mind that needs stats.
2. Compare and contrast the vehicle you're designing with some like it that are in the rules.
3. Assign stats that you think make sense and give you the vehicle you want in your game.
4. Use the vehicle in your game.

I know, I know. We're Shadowrun players and we like rules and crunch. But seriously, this method is just as good. Make up your vehicle, then use the mod rules if you want. Bam. Bonus: doesn't take 10 hours.

I make new weapons the same exact way, FWIW.

Telion
Or you could be complicated and attempt to port over an SR3 vehicle/drone that you've custom made. In the end its easier to just make it up and go with it, as long as you keep it within a standard deviation or so you should be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012