Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood in the Water OOC Thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Penta
Use this thread to post approved characters, die rolls, chatter, etc etc etc. smile.gif
MusicMan
"George"
Alexander Andreou

[ Spoiler ]

Stats:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Ascalon
[ Spoiler ]
milk ducks
"Albatross"
Alan Brass

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

edit: Added a sub-vocal mic and skinlink to my Commlink, and purchased 5 flashbangs. The total cost was 250Y, which is less than the amount I had left over from my initial purchases, so I didn't bother reducing the number of pre-purchased lifestyle months.
CollateralDynamo
Robert "Zalermo" Bennicimo

Backround:
[ Spoiler ]

Stats & Skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Contact Details:
[ Spoiler ]
budoka05
UPDATE: Please check this current character.

Korjiro "John" Nobunaga

20 Questions Background (minus Contacts)
[ Spoiler ]

Stats & Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Adept Powers
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Firearm
[ Spoiler ]

Contact Details
[ Spoiler ]
Ears
Simon

20 questions
[ Spoiler ]

crunchy bits

[ Spoiler ]
Marwynn
Iago

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Modified
[ Spoiler ]
Karoline
Jane

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Knight Saber
Rusty

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Stats & skills
[ Spoiler ]

Ware & Gear
[ Spoiler ]
Whizbang
Melisandre the Red

Char Sheet

[ Spoiler ]
Penta
And now the final character, the ship:

[ Spoiler ]

---
Group Equipment list:

Purchases with the 500,000 Loan:

Ship and Associated Equipment:
[ Spoiler ]

Running Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Drones:
[ Spoiler ]

IDs and Permits:
[ Spoiler ]

Dakka:
[ Spoiler ]

Other Vehicles:
[ Spoiler ]

Supplies:
[ Spoiler ]

Cover related gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Other:
[ Spoiler ]

Aggregated: 500000
budoka05
John dons his Urban Jumpsuit.

I roll for perception (visual) and get:

8d6 → [1,2,1,1,1,2,5,4]

4 failures, 1 hit

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2267533/
Penta
One hit? You don't even notice Roberts, indescript as he looks.
budoka05
Well, John does need to work on his awareness nyahnyah.gif

Also, to the other PCs, are we assuming we've met before? Especially in regards to this job?
Karoline
Always a good sign when you open the game with a critical glitch.
Penta
Not a critical glitch. If that was the case, he wouldn't notice a bus towards him.

This was more trying to notice a non-descript pedestrian trying to not be noticed.
Karoline
Critical Glitch is a glitch in which you don't succeed, and I thought a glitch was when half of your dice came up 1s.

Edit: Ah, just looked it up, he has to have no hits for it to be a critical glitch
milk ducks
Yeah, it'd be good to know now if any of us have met before, or if we've seen holo-pics of one another or something.

I may as well make a quick Perception check to see if I can pick out Roberts or any of the other 'runners (assuming I've met or seen them, of course). I'll use a simple action to Observe in Detail (so I don't take the -2 penalty for being automatically considered distracted, pg.117). I can probably assume I get the +3 dice modifier for "actively looking/listening", (also pg.117) right?

8d6 (2 Intuition, 3 Perception, 3 "actively looking") → [5,5,4,5,2,2,1,3] / Looks like 3 successes and 1 failure. I believe the threshold for picking out people in a crowd is 2 (again, pg.117).

-milk.
Penta
I'm going to initially say no, you haven't...Unless you guys want to say you have.
milk ducks
Edited my post up above. I can't imagine I've worked with any of these guys before (most of the team seems to be ex-military and whatnot, and I don't see Alan having much experience with those types).

-milk.
Penta
QUOTE (milk ducks @ Sep 28 2009, 09:00 AM) *
Yeah, it'd be good to know now if any of us have met before, or if we've seen holo-pics of one another or something.

I may as well make a quick Perception check to see if I can pick out Roberts or any of the other 'runners (assuming I've met or seen them, of course). I'll use a simple action to Observe in Detail (so I don't take the -2 penalty for being automatically considered distracted, pg.117). I can probably assume I get the +3 dice modifier for "actively looking/listening", (also pg.117) right?

8d6 (2 Intuition, 3 Perception, 3 "actively looking") ��' [5,5,4,5,2,2,1,3] / Looks like 3 successes and 1 failure. I believe the threshold for picking out people in a crowd is 2 (again, pg.117).

-milk.

I'll go with that - yoiu spot Roberts in the crowd.
Marwynn
I'm going to say that we may have "heard" of each other being mostly ex-mil but you haven't worked with Iago before. He may have heard of you, he hangs with an ex-mil crowd who talk. He's also fairly new.

Scanning those present to spot Roberts.

Visual Perception check (Int 4, Per 2, VisEnh 3) (9d6.hits(5)=4)

milk ducks
I may not be able to post for a bit; have to take my son to the doctor's this morning and mow the lawn. I'll get around to it tonight after work, though, if I can't get to it before then. Gives everyone else a bit of time to post, I suppose.

-milk.
Penta
Marwynn, you spot Roberts. He's just sorta there on a bench, reading stuff in AR.
Penta
CD can't access InvisibleCastle from work, so I'm rolling his roll for him.

12d6.hits(5)=5 = Specifically, [2,5,6,5,3,3,4,4,4,1,6,6] = (5)

Zalermo spots Roberts. Same desc as for Marwynn.
Penta
Just a quick note re your GM's schedule, so everybody knows.

This is when my classes are: I *will* be unavailable for longer periods due to travel in all except one case, but those periods are unpredictable in their length. This schedule holds through about December.

Sunday: Family Law, online class, chat 8-9 pm Eastern.
Monday: Real Property Transactions: 6-8:45 pm Eastern
Tuesday: Free day
Wednesday: Legal Research and Writing, 12-3:45 pm Eastern
Thursday: Intro. to Law and Litigation: 1:30-4:15 pm Eastern
Friday: Ethics, 11am - 1:30pm Eastern.

When I'm home, I'm generally free for questions/comments/BSing. Except when I'm studying or (in the case of the online class) in chat, in which case I'll put up the Busy note on Google chat. Heck, even when I'm studying, I'll probably still remain available - SR is a good distraction from the depths of school.

Every player has my email, or at least you should. I encourage using it if there's something you can't or don't want to put up here.
---
I was going to include a discussion of content limits in RP, but I've decided to forego that. You're all, so far as I can tell, adults. Probably mostly older than I am. 'Use your brains' is usually my only real guideline in any RP setting, and that applies here.

If you have plot ideas, talk to me privately. I can't guarantee I'll use everything, or even most things, that get thrown my way...But I promise to consider the not-blatantly-stupid stuff. It may wind up mangled beyond recognition if it hits the plot, though; I hope to surprise people when I can, whether through plot twists, issues being brought up you never thought would be covered in SR, or (my favorite) by drawing people in enough that their character, and hopefully others, becomes practically real.

I'm a big fan of well-researched, in-depth characters. Nobody stands out yet on that score, but I've definitely seen promising efforts. If you need help "researching your role", so to speak, talk to me. I'm happy to answer questions or just chat to help you develop your thinking.

---
Some necessary housekeeping:
Here's how I'm planning on doing things once you all meet the J. This is a draft that I may throw out if you really don't like it.

Initially, you'll be undergoing training under the guidance of the J and Roberts - in most cases, this will be "blueing" your character, getting them adapted in terms of thought to working and living at sea. It'll be intense, tiring, and a crush of information, some of which seems irrelevant - some will be simsense training, some will be tutorsoft training, some will be real. Some, though a small part, may even be "classroom" sorts of training, though there won't be much of that. Much will be crafted to your individual characters, but I'm hoping on digging up enough information about some things so that I can put in a few group scenarios, too, to ICly bond you all into at least a loose group and let you get to know the ship ICly.

This will occur while the boat is enroute to another point (as yet undecided) and is going through some final configuration and outfitting. Once you reach that other point, the J, Roberts, and other NPCs will disembark, and you'll be on your own.

No idea how long this "training phase" will last, but I plan to keep it ICly short, no more than a few days. OOCly, it'll probably move fairly rapidly, though I want to see how the pace of posting goes.

This will also give me the time to actually sit down and develop your first real operation...Which, because of the day-by-day changes of the setup, I haven't been able to do yet.
Karoline
I want to join the game of 'Spot that guy'!

Perception 1 + Int 5 = 6 (6d6.hits(5)=5)

Now that's how you spot someone smile.gif
Penta
You too spot Roberts.
milk ducks
Got a new post up, won't be able to respond to anything else IC until tonight when I get home from work.

-milk.
Penta
Milk ducks: Doh! I should have made this clearer. My fault, though you can edit your post if you'd like.

ICly, you don't know the ship is UCAS Navy. The guards wore no identifying markings; anyhow, they pulled back to the ship at 0700 (they were a night watch).

What you see? Basically a street scene. The pier is guarded by port cops during the day who keep a light presence; drones take over the duty at night. The surrounding area is sorta touristy - there're families out for a stroll, etc. The attractions start a couple of piers down around pier 30.

The morning fog actually doesn't burn off til 10 or 11, and it's still shrouding the ship. The pier itself is 600-700 yards long, ending in a T where the ship is docked.
budoka05
Around the time Milk's character makes his txt, I turn on my Magical Detection.

Then I use my Willpower boost from my Martial Arts maneuvers. Next, I pop open one of my Betel's and begin to chew on it, boost my perception +1

After taking the Betel, I rescan the scene with Visual Perception: 9d6 → [5,3,2,3,6,6,2,4,1]
3 hits, 1 miss
CollateralDynamo
Awesome GM! You're already getting people to use drugs!!! This will be the best first meet ever! biggrin.gif

Just to make it clear, YES my character did show up to the meet super early. He's walking up and down the pier scoping out pretty much everything and acting like a tourist until closer to the time, if that wasn't obvious. The goal was to meet up with any known team members ahead of the fixer, but as Zalermo only knows Rusty by face...it might not be as successful as hoped.
Penta
QUOTE (budoka05 @ Sep 28 2009, 02:10 PM) *
Around the time Milk's character makes his txt, I turn on my Magical Detection.

Then I use my Willpower boost from my Martial Arts maneuvers. Next, I pop open one of my Betel's and begin to chew on it, boost my perception +1

After taking the Betel, I rescan the scene with Visual Perception: 9d6 ��' [5,3,2,3,6,6,2,4,1]
3 hits, 1 miss

Dude, drugs to the first meet, not a good sign!

This time you spot Roberts.
Penta
Karoline: As I stated above, there are no guards. So whom are you approaching and trying the Jedi Mind Trick on?

Edit: Me.

There are cops in the vicinity, but they aren't guarding the pier specifically.

They're on normal foot patrol.

I just don't want anybody heading down the pier until after everybody's had a chance to post their arrival.smile.gif
milk ducks
QUOTE (Penta @ Sep 28 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Milk ducks: Doh! I should have made this clearer. My fault, though you can edit your post if you'd like.

No worries, I'll edit the post so Alan's concerned a bit about being questioned by local port security in between he and Roberts, instead of UCAS personnel. The flavour of the post will be the same, I'll just re-word it basically.

-milk.
milk ducks
Oh, and Penta, I keep forgetting to ask; would you mind editing the first post on the IC thread, adding in the colours you want for each type of dialogue? I keep forgetting what they are, and I have to keep opening up the other thread and dig through a couple of pages to find it.

-milk.
Whizbang
Joining the perception bandwagon. And no, that isn't her cup of tea.

2d6 → [4,3] = (7)
Penta
Whizbang: You barely miss Roberts. He actually sees you walk past him 4 or 5 times.

Milk ducks; Done.
milk ducks
Thanks, Penta. Also, my second post has been edited. Sorry for the mistake earlier. As it turns out, I actually feel like ass at the moment, and I'm not working this evening. So I can still post a bit.

-milk.
Karoline
QUOTE (milk ducks @ Sep 28 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Thanks, Penta. Also, my second post has been edited. Sorry for the mistake earlier. As it turns out, I actually feel like ass at the moment, and I'm not working this evening. So I can still post a bit.

-milk.

I was just going to ask what happened to that promise that you would go away for a while nyahnyah.gif (Please read in a very joking way)
Karoline
*whistles as she waits for five minutes to pass ICly*

Who are we still waiting on? Ears and KS?
CollateralDynamo
Yep, they are active at night...it is kind of unfair to progress a game in a serious way more then once every 24 hours in most cases...sad but true. Once we know each other we can spend all day aboard the ship chattering at eachother tho, Karoline.
Karoline
Woo chatting. Weird that Ears hasn't posted yet, I've seen him post stuff in some other threads that he is in... I think I'll send him a PM
Karoline
He pulls the trigger and is rewarded the expected sound of the hammer falling into place. Knew you'd say that.

That was great biggrin.gif

Woo, now we just need to find and poke KS and it's go time!
Ears
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 29 2009, 01:57 AM) *
Woo chatting. Weird that Ears hasn't posted yet, I've seen him post stuff in some other threads that he is in... I think I'll send him a PM

And I got that message just as I hit 'add reply' wink.gif

And the Troll spots a lot it seems: 4 hits with 8 dice
Karoline
See, just gotta learn to be quicker smile.gif Lets see if my magic works with KS now too.
Marwynn
D'oh! I forgot something in my first post... I wanted to summon a Spirit of Man F5 to hang around after sunrise.

Knew I was missing something.
MusicMan
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 28 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Who are we still waiting on? Ears and KS?

Gee... nice to know I'm remembered. grinbig.gif
Karoline
You're just too sneaky to keep track of nyahnyah.gif
Penta
QUOTE (Ears @ Sep 28 2009, 08:41 PM) *
And I got that message just as I hit 'add reply' wink.gif

And the Troll spots a lot it seems: 4 hits with 8 dice

Okay, yeah, you spot Roberts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012