Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Older Missions to conver to 4th ed
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Evilref
I'm starting a new Shadowrun campaign and was considering fallback options for weeks when I have less time to prep. I've picked up the New York Missions which apart from one have looked relatively easy to convert to Seattle (and whatever other cities they end up going to). While I have a fairly extensive collection of 1st-3rd edition runs, I was going to intersperse the larger runs (e.g. eyewitness, double exposure, dreamchipper, queen euphoria) with a mix of my own runs and, weeks when I have less time to prep, other smaller runs.

The Denver and earlier Missions look to be mineable, but rather than waste time going through every one I thought I'd hit up Dumpshock to see if anyone has any suggestions on earlier Missions to use for runners in Seattle. Ideally 1-2 sessions in length and not too extensive on the conversions (Matrix systems look to be the lengthiest conversion, everything else is pretty easy to eyeball).

Thoughts
cndblank
The number one suggestion I have is keep the decker/hacker an NPC.

Or if you have a player hot to play a hacker then have him be the combat decker that goes in to the sites too black to be on the matrix while is partner runs the decking off site.

That way you can keep the decking to a minium.

BTW, I did exactly that. Took the Denver mission and put them in Seattle. Start out with the first Denver Mission. Make the Indian Gangster Salish Sidhe and the decide which factions of the seattle Mob have an alliance with them. Just remember that you don't have the border crossing to deal with mostly. The missions play best if you do them mostly in order.

I also set my campaign in 2055. The only major differences is that hackers are deckers - You just can not get full VR using wireless unless you have a satellite uplink. Everyone uses the wireless matrix but they don't use it for really valuable pay data. Also bioware is still new (double price and counts one grade higher for detection purposes (and yes Delta grade Bioware is currently undetectable.) Leave the reduced cyberware costs and the .5 essence control rig.
Legs
I've skimmed through a lot of the 1st and 2nd ed missions and so far I really dig the Eye Witness run.

Anyone else converted this to 4th ed? If so, how's it work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012