Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about the Vory...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Legs
So can anyone fill me in a bit on how the Vory works? I know a bit about the real Russian mob and I read some (very minor) information in an old Underworld sourcebook but I'm wondering if there's any more research material out there I should be taking a look at?
milk ducks
Your best bet is to find yourself a copy of the 3rd edition Shadows of Asia. The Russian chapter has a lot of information on the Vory v Zakone operating in different sections of (what's left of) the nation.

-milk.
Screaming Eagle
I found a quick trip to Wikipedia of some assistance. It isn't setting material if that is what you are looking for but it will give you a better idea of what they are about...

I had a PC from the Vory, we were both VERY amused that he was not allowed to have a legal job or make money "legally" - its against the code.
milk ducks
QUOTE (Screaming Eagle @ Sep 21 2009, 12:41 PM) *
I had a PC from the Vory, we were both VERY amused that he was not allowed to have a legal job or make money "legally" - its against the code.

Right, but remember that the Vory basically began when political activists and street gangs were forced to work together in Siberian prison/labour camps, and that parts of their code (like not working) were created so they wouldn't be of any benefit to the Russian government. The Vory of today (and this is likely especially true in the Sixth World) are not the Vory of yesterday; the vast majority of Vory are quite young (under 35), and come from all over, including former soviet-bloc nations. An Armenian gun-runner Vory probably pays next to zero attention to the code. But that could just be my interpretation.

-milk.
Screaming Eagle
Ah but he was of old Russian stock and from the Homeland - went to visit between lucrative enough runs.

That and I don't have any "in game" material about the Vory, so I ran with what I had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012