Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Return Of Cows...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
Started my Ghettopunk campaign (250 Point Characters, 6R Availability Restriction, a "Nice" part of the Redmond Barrens to start in), and the group's first "Daring Adventure"?

Steal a Van.

That's it, that's all.

So, they head to a Stuffer Shack at 2 AM to see if there's a van available there. They see one pull up, and park. And, well, wait. They stare at it, they feel like they're being watched from inside... (I was planning the 4th Ed Food Fight adventure.).

Finally, they decide that this van isn't worth it, and walk away. They return home, beat up the Squatters that took over it when they were gone, and then they send out the Beat-Up Ghetto Rotodrone to check the vans in the alleyways of Touristville for a new van, finding one in an alleyway just behind a store.

The Rigger uses the Rotodrone as a jumping point, takes over the van in time for someone to get inside and sit in the passenger's seat.

So, after locking the doors, and one wild ride later, they get the Female Elven Ninja Wanna-Be to wait for the guy outside the hideout to kill him. Amazingly, he's out-running her. However, he doesn't outrun a bullet from an Ares Predator.

He keeps running, however, which amazes the group, "The milkman has to wear body armour, that's how bad this world is?" A world with these guys in it, that's what. A few shots later, he's on the ground with a bad leg injury, and the Ninja-Wannabe gives into her Combat Monster and chops him into fine puree for the Devil Rats.

So, successful first run, they have a van! Refridgerated, with crates of Soymilk in the back!
Khyron
That's a lot of soy.
kanislatrans
thats a nice piece of loot... a working refrigerator van would interest a lot of folks(organleggers,ect) and the soymilk could be sold/or given to a shelter.( would go a long way to developing some street contacts if they choose.

much nicer than the two cases of Apex caffeinated protein bars my noob team got.(of course they did get a contact out of it, the street
cop who traced the stolen bars to them and blackmailed them for the murder of two stuffer shack workers) grinbig.gif
Marwynn
And all you had to do was murder the milkman.

Your ghettorunners are looking good!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 21 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Started my Ghettopunk campaign (250 Point Characters, 6R Availability Restriction, a "Nice" part of the Redmond Barrens to start in), and the group's first "Daring Adventure"?

Steal a Van.

That's it, that's all.

So, they head to a Stuffer Shack at 2 AM to see if there's a van available there. They see one pull up, and park. And, well, wait. They stare at it, they feel like they're being watched from inside... (I was planning the 4th Ed Food Fight adventure.).

Finally, they decide that this van isn't worth it, and walk away. They return home, beat up the Squatters that took over it when they were gone, and then they send out the Beat-Up Ghetto Rotodrone to check the vans in the alleyways of Touristville for a new van, finding one in an alleyway just behind a store.

The Rigger uses the Rotodrone as a jumping point, takes over the van in time for someone to get inside and sit in the passenger's seat.

So, after locking the doors, and one wild ride later, they get the Female Elven Ninja Wanna-Be to wait for the guy outside the hideout to kill him. Amazingly, he's out-running her. However, he doesn't outrun a bullet from an Ares Predator.

He keeps running, however, which amazes the group, "The milkman has to wear body armour, that's how bad this world is?" A world with these guys in it, that's what. A few shots later, he's on the ground with a bad leg injury, and the Ninja-Wannabe gives into her Combat Monster and chops him into fine puree for the Devil Rats.

So, successful first run, they have a van! Refridgerated, with crates of Soymilk in the back!

This sounds promising!
X-Kalibur
I think roughing up and intimidating the milkman would have had a better feel than chasing him down and capping his ass. If you want to build rep as a hardass, you have to leave someone alive to tell the story after all. wink.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 21 2009, 05:36 PM) *
I think roughing up and intimidating the milkman would have had a better feel than chasing him down and capping his ass. If you want to build rep as a hardass, you have to leave someone alive to tell the story after all. wink.gif

Yeah, the Elven Ninja Wannabe kinda went beserk and chopped him up real fine. No one wanted to argue. Not even the Troll.
Mister Book
Looking forward to more!
X-Kalibur
The real question then becomes... sell the van or convert it? I'm sure they could make a decent nuyen off selling it, but keeping it around for use in drivebys, abductions, and smash&grabs is also a good use of it, given the level of the setting.
CanRay
They already sold the Van and Soymilk for 2000 nuyen.gif .
LurkerOutThere
So wait....they stole and remote drove a fleet vehicle and drove it across towh to their primary hideout? Without anyone noticing? Did the company that own sthe truck have any reason for rigger adapting it other then to make it easy to steel for your PC's? The passenger didnt call anyone on his personal com and no one noticed the van going off it's appropriate route so they can add kidnapping and murder (i.e. serious jail time) to what's supposed to be "simple" GTA.

And you/they consider the run a success?

Joe Chummer
To (mis)quote Lewis Black, soy milk does not exist because there is no soy teat. It's technically "soy juice," but no one would ever want to drink something called that.
CanRay
Primary Hideout? More like a burned out storefront that had almost four walls and most of a ceiling. It was where they holed up to heal.

Rigger access for the truck? Insurance discounts for the fleet. (Also my explaination as to why most cab drivers are Orks. Their superior and natural night vision, and willingness to work cheaper than Elves, would offer discounts on insurance. As well, a stick-up artist will have a harder time intimidating a big, tough Ork.). Trust me, I've had to listen to more than enough BS about things using today's technology and idiocy to understand why this would be legit.

Personal CommLink? Turned off. As soon as it was turned on, it was hijacked by the Technomancer who was waiting for just such a thing. Can you still hear the screams of the OSes, Clarice?

Noticing it go off the route? It went from Touristville in the Redmond Barrens into a Static Zone. The group used a beat-up Drone as a jumping point for the invasion of the Van. In addition, the company did have a security system in place on the van. Hacked.

As for the murder, that wasn't on the plate. Probably just a severe beating (Maybe some organlegging, but the group had lost almost all their contacts.) But the Bushido-following MPD Ninja-Wannabe fell into her Combat Monster phase and went nuts. Noone wanted to stop her.

Finally, "Soy Juice" was test marketed for awhile, but did not sell as well as "Soy Milk", which personified a much healthier and more worldly choice to the mass market appeal. The accuracy of said label was argued in courts until such time that the FDA ran out of funding for the year and was unable to continue in the case, thus allowing the multitude of "Soy Milk" Corporations to continue to use the name for their product.
X-Kalibur
2000?! Them's crack prices!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012