Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More High Tech Predictions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
[jackal]
The Telegraph has an interesting article about future biotech 20 years from now.
Tanegar
Although everything Kurzweil describes would be incredibly awesome, I am skeptical that a) any of it will arrive that soon and b) that it will be widely available as opposed to the exclusive domain of the rich.
Starmage21
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Sep 23 2009, 01:16 AM) *
Although everything Kurzweil describes would be incredibly awesome, I am skeptical that a) any of it will arrive that soon and b) that it will be widely available as opposed to the exclusive domain of the rich.

NO procedure which lengthens the duration of our natural lives will EVER be the domain of the rich. Its too much of a freaking gold mine to any corporate entity dealing in banking, or insurance.

Consider shadowrun's Leonization. It costs 400,000 Nuyen. If you had a decent credit rating to begin with, any bank would be happy to loan you that money because now youre fit to work for another 30 years to pay it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012