Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So... now that it's 2072...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
'Sconnie
Who's running against Angela Colloton for the UCAS presidency?
Khyron
UCAS Presidency.

Alright, we'll need another group of oddities, just because..
so..
Republican: A cat shifter with a SIN
Democrat: An immortal elf, just to piss everyone off.
Technocrat: A human ex-Mr Johnson who knows how to take orders and has a great public face.
New Century Party: A dwarf that doesn't speak english but everyone finds so lovable
Independent: Nadja Daviar who just shows up out of nowhere.
BlueMax
Not one Technomancer?
One who promises a wonderful bright future where we all tie into "The Link".

BlueMax
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Khyron @ Sep 23 2009, 07:00 PM) *
UCAS Presidency.

Alright, we'll need another group of oddities, just because..
so..
Republican: A cat shifter with a SIN
Democrat: An immortal elf, just to piss everyone off.
Technocrat: A human ex-Mr Johnson who knows how to take orders and has a great public face.
New Century Party: A dwarf that doesn't speak english but everyone finds so lovable

IIRC, isn't Colloton a Republican? Unless she's secretly been a cat shifter all along....
BishopMcQ
Is it too soon for a Reform party called the New Revolution?

"A lot of people like that reform. Maybe we should get us some."

"I'll reform you, you soft-headed son of a bitch. How we gonna run reform when we're the damn incumbent? Is that the best idea you boys can come up with? Reform?! Weepin' jesus on the cross. Thta's it! You may as well start drafting my concession speach right now."
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Khyron @ Sep 23 2009, 02:00 PM) *

The name isn't close enough to Ralph Nadar. frown.gif
CanRay
Wouldn't she run under the banner of "Puffy Brown Nipples" or some such?
BlueMax
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 23 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Is it too soon for a Reform party called the New Revolution?

"A lot of people like that reform. Maybe we should get us some."

"I'll reform you, you soft-headed son of a bitch. How we gonna run reform when we're the damn incumbent? Is that the best idea you boys can come up with? Reform?! Weepin' jesus on the cross. Thta's it! You may as well start drafting my concession speach right now."

Sounds as silly as having an Institutional Revolutionary Party..............

BlueMax
/not
//repeat, not
/// a forced oxymoron but a real party
CanRay
You know, I miss the days when Politicos stood for something.

Damnit! Who cares if he's dead, DUNKIE FOR PREZ!
FlakJacket
Dunkelzhan? No, no, no.

Ghostwalker for President!
BlueMax
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Sep 23 2009, 03:02 PM) *
Dunkelzhan? No, no, no.

Ghostwalker for President!

The spirits are willing but the flesh is weak.

BlueMax
CanRay
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 23 2009, 06:14 PM) *
The spirits are willing but the flesh is weak.

If only the Spirits were allowed to vote.

You know, he might get in on a "Write-In" ballot. nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
Some of them are allowed to vote. Ever since we gave citizenship to a dragon, there's been no end to the requests for citizenship from hippies, pixies and free spirits (both the hippy type and the materializing type).

Disclaimer: Remember, some doesn't mean "all" or even "most." As long as at least two spirits are allowed, we've met the "some" criteria.
Particle_Beam
Perhaps Colloton abolished elections and made herself president for life. vegm.gif

Anyway, can UCAS presidents be elected for more than two terms? As I believe, they can be elected over and over, unlike in the old U.S. constitution.
'Sconnie
QUOTE (Particle_Beam @ Sep 25 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Perhaps Colloton abolished elections and made herself president for life. vegm.gif

Anyway, can UCAS presidents be elected for more than two terms? As I believe, they can be elected over and over, unlike in the old U.S. constitution.

Wasn't Haeffner running for a third term in 2064?
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 23 2009, 03:25 PM) *
The name isn't close enough to Ralph Nadar. frown.gif

wasn't she already VP around 2057?
limejello10512
I'm sorry I don't recognize the existence of the illigitimate UCAS government. The current government of north america (now including canada) is the united states....it's just taking a temporary hiatus.

.................................:sigh: I'll vote for angela.
Snow_Fox
if you can get a voting booth into your bunker
limejello10512
This is the information age I have a rating 6 comlink....I never have to leave my bunker for anything.

The New Revolution will riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snow_Fox
Just remember if you can get a signal out, they can get one in.
Watch out for the cows in fedoras.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Sep 26 2009, 10:55 AM) *
Just remember if you can get a signal out, they can get one in.
Watch out for the cows in fedoras.

As Garou likes to say: "paranoia is a condition only when no one is after you. If there is someone after you, it is a life style."
limejello10512
Cows in fedoras? It's just one ignorant stereotype after another with you isn't it? I don't know what you've been told but I don't live in a bunker and I'm not afraid of government mind control rays and the United States ain't dead yet...you'll see.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (limejello10512 @ Sep 26 2009, 09:26 AM) *
I don't know what you've been told but I don't live in a bunker and I'm not afraid of government mind control rays

Which is what you'd say if they did get to you, right? wink.gif
Don't worry, you'll learn to like it out in the sun light
TheOOB
It not the mind control rays but the Thor Shot's you have to worry about. A guy once told me they have one aimed at every citizen in the UCAS, it's true I read it in the Weekly Sixth-World News!
tsuyoshikentsu
Thud will write in his mum. She doesn't even qualify, being British-born (unless that got changed), but he thinks she deserves it.
CanRay
QUOTE (tsuyoshikentsu @ Sep 27 2009, 02:49 AM) *
Thud will write in his mum. She doesn't even qualify, being British-born (unless that got changed), but he thinks she deserves it.

There's a Loophole in that law now. It was originally designed to allow Canadian-Born UCASers to run for President, but Dunkie used it as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012