Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stuff about the UCAS Government
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Penta
Okay, so. I've read through everything my paws can get a grasp of on the UCAS government, and I'm confused about some very basic things:

1. Okay, so it's a cut and paste of the US Government. Okay...So...How many members are there in the House? How many Senators?
2. How are documents dated? From 4 July 1776, or from....whate date was the UCAS founded anyway?
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Penta @ Sep 24 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Okay, so it's a cut and paste of the US Government. Okay... So... How many members are there in the House? How many Senators?

Haven't a clue. According to Shadows of North America the UCAS had an official population of 172,016,000 in 2062 which is just over half of what the modern day US population is, with the current Congress having 435 members I could easily see the 2070s version being slimmed down towards the 250s size level. For the Senate I'd say keep two per state and simply give two to each of the Canadian provinvces that joined as well.

How are documents dated? From 4 July 1776, or from.... what date was the UCAS founded anyway?

According to the Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America it was October 15 2030, what became known as Union Day. I think they'd probably go from Union Day although that's just personal opinion.
Penta
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Sep 24 2009, 07:47 AM) *
Haven't a clue. According to Shadows of North America the UCAS had an official population of 172,016,000 in 2062 which is just over half of what the modern day US population is, with the current Congress having 435 members I could easily see the 2070s version being slimmed down towards the 250s size level. For the Senate I'd say keep two per state and simply give two to each of the Canadian provinvces that joined as well.

Which leads to a third question...What states are part of the UCAS?

Oh, and is the UCAS Sector of Denver a state, or a territory?
Silverback
The states are listed in the dumpshock wiki.
Chrysalis
Is the UCAS a Federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy or a Federal constitutional republic?

Which consitution do they use? Which legislation?

Is the government composed of three brances or two?

What is the status of common law and civil law?
FlakJacket
It's basically the current US with a few less states and a couple bits of Canada tacked on. The Canadians got screwed and had to accept losing just about everything about their country from all I remember reading.
DWC
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Sep 24 2009, 11:39 AM) *
It's basically the current US with a few less states and a couple bits of Canada tacked on. The Canadians got screwed and had to accept losing just about everything about their country from all I remember reading.

Yep. Canada got to keep Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and less than half of Ontario. The rest of NAN territory or Quebec.
FlakJacket
Sorry by the got screwed part I meant that they basically had to accept using the US system of government as the basis for the UCAS and drop pretty much everything about the Canadian version. Seriously, whilst the books have never said much about how the UCAS works what we have seen its all been US based with zero Canadian input to be seen. Not that that's really surprising though when you consider things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012