Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Immoral elves
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Greets,

In another thread it was implied that humans are so dumb that they cannot do anything right without having an immortal elf running in the background/foreground.

So, let's look at those supposed famous people that are immortal elves. I would like to first of all nominate several popes. You have to give reasons why someone should be nominated for Great Asshole of Posterity:

[ Spoiler ]
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 24 2009, 11:15 PM) *
Greets,

In another thread it was implied that humans are so dumb that they cannot do anything right without having an immortal elf running in the background/foreground.

I saw the topic and thought, "Immoral elves? Yeah I'll be there are some of those. Especially over in the red lamp district..."
the_real_elwood
Well, Alachia was said to be Queen Elizabeth in one of the novels. Leonardo the elf has been implied to be Leonardo da Vinci. Harlequin may have been Richard the Lionhearted. And as far as that, those are the only major historical figures that I know of that are or are implied to be immortal elves.

But hey, if you're looking for a reason to hate on immortal elves, don't let the material that's actually out there stop you.
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 01:35 AM) *
Well, Alachia was said to be Queen Elizabeth in one of the novels. Leonardo the elf has been implied to be Leonardo da Vinci. Harlequin may have been Richard the Lionhearted. And as far as that, those are the only major historical figures that I know of that are or are implied to be immortal elves.

But hey, if you're looking for a reason to hate on immortal elves, don't let the material that's actually out there stop you.

Wasn't Alachia queen of the blood elves in Earthdawn? If so, where did all of her thorns go? Queen Elizabeth certainly wasn't spiky.
the_real_elwood
Lost in the down cycle, I guess? But if you read Worlds Without End, it pretty much comes out and says it. It's in the Ancient Files too, so it must be true. Ancient History wouldn't lie, would he?
KCKitsune
Ah, another reason to hate those vomit inducing pointy eared freaks!
AngelisStorm
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Lost in the down cycle, I guess? But if you read Worlds Without End, it pretty much comes out and says it. It's in the Ancient Files too, so it must be true. Ancient History wouldn't lie, would he?

Except that Ancient History is also Immortal.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 24 2009, 11:15 PM) *

You know, by that definition I could pretty much nominate most members of the Democrat party in the US.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 25 2009, 08:03 AM) *
You know, by that definition I could pretty much nominate most members of the Democrat party in the US.

You know, by that definition I could pretty much nominate most members of the Republican party in the US.
Chrysalis
Let's keep it civil.

I would like to nominate among the very popular musician from the 1970s who just won't stay dead, Gary Glitter.
McCummhail
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 25 2009, 09:21 AM) *
I would like to nominate among the very popular musician from the 1970s who just won't stay dead, Gary Glitter.
Motion seconded!

Blade
Iggy Pop. A punk who's not only not dead at 27 but who's even still alive and kicking at 62... After all he's been through.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 06:35 AM) *

Queen Elizabeth thought it was the height of humour to declare to people she wanted killed:
"You are much too tall. By about a head, I think." (Beheading is at least merciful in that it is a quick death, I guess.)
"You are much too short. We shall have you made taller." (Ah, the rack, how nostalgic.)
(Or words to that effect.)

Richard the Lionheart was a terrible domestic king, lusted after conquest but continued to get himself captured by his enemies and ransomed back, bankrupting his country in the process.

Yep, I agree with that. They are definitely Immortal Elves.

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 25 2009, 02:21 PM) *

Thirded.
Larsine
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Sep 25 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Except that Ancient History is also Immoral.

Corrected that for you.

Lars
Hagga
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 06:42 AM) *

Ancient History told me that if I played in a Bonfire, I'd Awaken as a elementally aspected Magician. The burns are still healing, but I guess I have to wait until 2011 for the powers to come out.
Prime Mover
Elves must really be into the music scene. (bards?)
Cher
Osmonds
Madonna
Not a singer Travolta
Kinda singer Hasslehoff
Medicineman
so now IEs are for SR what the Vampires are for WoD ?

How inventive , I've never heard that Idea before sarcastic.gif (Yawn)
Running around in History,beeing on the Top,changing History...
Oh,we had the same Story 50 Years before with Atlan,the Immortal Arkonide
(Greman Sci-Fi-Novels Perry Rhodan)

And (By-the-Way) David Bowie is a Spike Baby ,no IE !!

with a bored Dance
Medicineman
Khyron
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 27 2009, 03:03 AM) *
And (By-the-Way) David Bowie is a Spike Baby ,no IE !!

He's also the Sovereign. biggrin.gif
Critias
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 25 2009, 08:21 AM) *
Let's keep it civil.

Says the OP, who began the proceedings by singling out one of the world's most popular religions by making a list of Popes to insult. I'm not Catholic, and those guys are pretty douchy, but it's a little silly for you, considering how you opened the thread, to try and tell other people to "keep it civil."

Pot, kettle, yadda yadda yadda.

so now IEs are for SR what the Vampires are for WoD ?

What "now?" There's nothing new about Alachia/Elizabeth, Harlequin/Charlemagne, Leonardo, or any of this. If anything, the Immortal Elves have been very heavily downplayed for quite a few years now, by the developers and writers.
Fuchs
Atlan at least never was said to have been a historical figure, he usually just apeared to be an advisor.

Just for the Elizabeth and Lionheart idea they should retcon the IEs out of Shadowrun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012