Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross Pollination of source material, weapons, locations, people, gear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Synner667
Do you use material from other cyberpunk, sci-fi or near future RPGS ??

This could be the datasapce overlayed on realspace [from Cybergeneration], Net Demons [from Tharkold], the alternative church [from Cyberpapcy], vehicle design rules [from HERO or GURPS or Traveller], combat rules [from CP:2020], weapons [from CP:2020], technowizards [from Cybergeneration], environmental damage and rules [from Kromosome], psychic powers [from Aeon Trinity], rules tweaks [from WoD], etc...
Jekolmy
I've used ideas and tweaks from other systems before. The one that I remember the most though that I used for fourth edition was the idea of stunting dice that I got from Exalted seeing how the mechanics are very similar. Not sure how I would work those stunt dice in for third edition, as I feel that lowering a TN would be less fair that simply adding dice.
Chrysalis
If I am GMing then I will be using things from various sources. In my defunct Shadowrun game, I used Conspiracy X ideas with shadowrun. Super Science!

I also like taking ideas and items from the books and combining them in strange ways. But I have lots of experience with CP2020, so sometimes what re my ideas turn out to be someone elses.

In another I was going to introduce H-K VTOLs and terminator units.

I like 3Gs gun creation rules.
Sperethiel
Sometimes I get ideas from stuff they did in Cowboy Bebop, William Gibson Novels (Like Neuromancer or Count Zero), and recently Fallout stuff - Especially when dealing with the wastelands and crazy people. But I just get ideas for stuff there: character personalities, visual references, and how people interact with technology. Sometimes I can use these to decide on tweaking rules in specific situations. Plus with the SR rules so customizable on creating stuff, I really want to add more of the content to bring some smiles to the group from some of these sources (weapons, tech, etc.) I think that the SR rules do fine for tweaking and adding extra stuff without having to use other rules. But thats just my opinion.
nezumi
I wrote entire equipment conversions from CP2020 to SR, and I apply SR to just about everything nyahnyah.gif
the_real_elwood
It's all for 2E/3E Shadowrun, but I enjoy all of the Plastic Warriors CP2020 Chromebook conversions. I don't know that I'd be that interested in playing CP2020, but they do have some really cool gear in the game.
Paul
Rarely. Most of it just isn't that good, or necessary for us.
MYST1C
I've converted equipment and taken adventure ideas from CP2020 - the Night City Sourcebook is simply made of pure win concerning plot hooks.
Medicineman
We too
one of my Rounds (which dissolved recently) used to Play in Nightcity in Cal Free in 2068
And some of the Equip(CAMA Revolver with Smartlink and Smartmotor) or Style (Gibson Wear) was used frequently

JahtaHey
Medicineman
Synner667
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Sep 25 2009, 08:53 PM) *
It's all for 2E/3E Shadowrun, but I enjoy all of the Plastic Warriors CP2020 Chromebook conversions.

Totally great !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012