Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting Help: Help me Develop Boise, OK, UCAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Paul
As far as I can tell Boise, and Cimarron County are still located in the UCAS-albiet just barely. Ironically it is also currently home to a LORAN-C transmitter. (Who knew?)

So here's where things stand: I am planning a Shadowrun 4 campaign in which the players will be a part of the Cutters, an OMG. Each of them will 1%'s from their MC's who have been tasked by the clubs leadership to travel to Grand Rapids to help establish a new chapter's territory and clout. Each PC will come from various west coast, and southwestern chapters and we'll actually spend the first four or five games on their journey from their chapters to GR. The PC's will meet in Boise, Oklahoma, UCAS-where I've decided to relocate the El Reno Federal Correctional Facility.

El Reno previously housed medium security prisoners, and is near another federal facility which is transitional facility. With the fall of the old US, and the need to secure the LORAN transmitter Fort Marvin Hill is established, as a forward OP/LP. (Observation/Listening Post) While Fort Hill has some teeth it servees more as ELINT station, and the nearby newly relocated and newly built El Reno Federal Correctional Facility is used as a point to receive international prisoners, and to deport various international prisoners. There is also the Fort Hill National Cemetery, which houses the remains of both "American" and "Native" dead from the war.

The PC's will stop here to pick up a newly released comrade at arms, who will eventually give the PC's essential information.

At any rate I welcome any serious commentary, okay any commentary at all! But seriously feel free to give me any ideas you might have or ask any questions that a player might ask about the town.
Paul
I'm debating between the first game involving them greeting a newly released from prison member of their "set", and helping get re-established in the local trade (Be it drugs or flesh, or whatever), or helping him get revenge another prisoner exiting the facility at the same time.

Choices, choices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012