Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the Capacity of Contacts/Glasses/Goggles?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
dirkformica
I see the capacity for cybereyes listed in the BBB on page 332 of SR4, but there doesn't seem to be any listing in the Vision Enhancers section. Is it only capped by total availability at CharGen? Would I later be able to buy contact lenses with the "all of the above option" if I have the nuyen and connections?

Book and page references would be very helpful here if there are any (since I could very well be needing those vision enhancements because I'm missing something obvious.)

Thanks in advance.
Larsine
QUOTE (SR4A page 332)
Contact Lenses (Rating 1-3) 1-3 6 Rating x 50¥

So capacity (third column) = Rating.

Lars
dirkformica
We don't have and aren't using SR4A.

Edit: just added my new signature for future reference to speed things up. The signature was not active when Larsine posted.
Cardul
If you are using just the normal, first printing SR4, then: you can shove EVERYTHING into Contacts, glasses, goggles...the only mechanical limitation for them was really just Cool factor...

(All the Cool Kids go with Goggles!)
Karoline
You only have to worry about availability. Most enhancements increase avialability, and things like contacts already start with a high availability, so it is hard to put more than one or two things in them.
Mäx
QUOTE (dirkformica @ Sep 27 2009, 11:44 AM) *
We don't have and aren't using SR4A.

Edit: just added my new signature for future reference to speed things up. The signature was not active when Larsine posted.

Can i ask why are you not using errata, not using the other core books i can just understand, but i can't see any reason for not using the latest errata.
Khyron
I'm going to hazard a guess for the 3x karma per stat instead of 5x.
dirkformica
Thanks for the replies. As someone mentioned in another thread: "The Goggles! They do something!"

QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 27 2009, 02:48 PM) *
Can i ask why are you not using errata, not using the other core books i can just understand, but i can't see any reason for not using the latest errata.

I'm the only one who's really read the BBB and we only have 1 book amongst our group (and that book is indeed a first printing apparently.) It's hard enough getting people to learn and play with just the one book, so throwing in errata and other sources to check and recheck is not in the cards right now.

Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012