Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cost for Cyberware that Takes up Capacity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
dirkformica
If I purchase something like Cybereyes 2 with 8 capacity and fill that up with say flare comp (1,) smartlink (3,) low light (2) and thermo (2) it's going to cost me 4,500 nuyen.gif standard (750 for the eyes and 3,750 for the enhancements.) If I buy that setup at Alpha grade, does the whole thing cost 9,000 or 5,250?

Would capacity items like armor or increases to stats also be affected in Cyberlimbs this way?

Thanks in advance.

(edited to add: we don't have and aren't using SR4A.)
Stahlseele
If that has not been changed from 3rd to 4th, additions must have at least the same grade as the thing they are added to.
So basic eyes can get basic, alpha, beta and delta improvements, but alpha eyes can only get alpha, beta and delta improvements.
So you would double the price for the complete package for alpha.
As for limbs, if i remember correctly, higher grade limits capacity.
Basic has X capacity, Alpha has X-Y Capacity. And so on.
But don't quote me on that, i am at work and don't have my books.
Karoline
If you have something that has capacity, everything that goes in it must be of the same grade as the thing itself.

So, alpha cybereyes need all alpha subcomponents. So yes, you would be paying 9k for alpha versions of the 4500 standards.

Edit: Since you likely want to see it for yourself "Note that cyberware accessories must be of the same grade as the implant they are added to." SR4 p303, last sentence.
tsuyoshikentsu
...Dude, just buy the goggles.
Stahlseele
Because in Shadowrun:
The Goggles! They do something!
Jaid
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 28 2009, 03:27 AM) *
Because in Shadowrun:
The Goggles! They do something!

not against acid, they don't nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Depends.
If you rule that you can apply chemical protection on stuff that does not give armor itself, maybe they do O.o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012