Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help brainstorming for GC Campaign...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Legs
My players just finished a long running adventure and I'm about to start running them through Ghost Cartels and would like some help figuring out some organic plot hooks to get them wrapped up in it...

First let me describe where the characters are now and possible hooks into Ghost Cartels...

The characters just finished thwarting a snuff BTL ring orhestrated b a mid level Vory named Toljan Tolstunov. They listened in on a phone call where Toljan was complaining about deteriorating BTL sales due to the arrival of tempo...

One of the characters killed a pimp as a favor to a dirty LS Detective and the Pimps commlink had the number to a tempo dealer....

The characters have been running into a couple of shadowrunners who are in desperate need of cash. They hit a Yak payroll (without knowing it was Yak) and are now in serious debt to the Yakuza. I figure I could use them as a way of getting the PCs into some tempo associated runs...

Anyway, the players have an idea to talk to Tolstunov and get him to pay them to take out the source of Tempo...this doesn't really jibe with the campaign so I was thinking maybe Toljan could put them in contact with the ragers (I read that the ragers were backed by the mob and more recently the Vory) and that could kick things off...

Basically I'm looking for any way to start a run other than "A fixer calls you and sets up a meeting with a Johnson."

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Karoline
Sounds like the easiest solution would be to have the Yakuza call them up and say that they are willing to settle the debt if they do [Ghost Cartels] for them. Or perhaps reduce it greatly, or perhaps include some pay (Don't know how much they owe or anything).
wylie
got a problem with the yaks?

First Nations might call them, as FN does not like the yaks
and the 1st mission, strangers in the house part 1 & 2, might be their way of testing the PCs to make sure they are not Yaks plants

I have ran & finished the 1st story arc for Ghost Cartels, until my group fell apart for various reasons

nice to see you already have an indept game going
Legs
Let me explain a bit more about the runners who are in debt to the Yaks...

My PCs were trying to find the source of these Snuff BTLs so they could eliminate them...they kept running into these two Shadowrunners named Crystal Beth and Casanova. CB and Cas were also looking for the source of these Snuff BTLs so they could get in on the bounty....CB and Cas were in debt to the yaks and desperately needed the cash...

My PCs butted heads with CB and Cas a few times so they're not on good terms with them, I just thought that maybe I could use them again for GC....

Again, any and all help would be appreciated!
Legs
Okay, how about this...

If my PCs go to their Vory contact (mid level) and ask him to help out, what would he have them do? I know the Vory want their cut of the pie, so what kind of stuff would he have them do for him?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012