Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberarms and Weapons Larger than SMGs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
dirkformica
If I have a full Cyberarm with say 3 points of Enhanced Agility for a total of 6 and I shoot someone in the face with an Assault Rifle, do I use the 6 Agility + Automatics skill, or do I need to take the average of my natural Agility and the Enhanced Agility of the limb?

If it's the average, what all am I adding and dividing by?

Also, nitpick question, it says that the Cyberarm Gyromount is the equivalent of a "a gyro stabilization system (p. 311) with a Rating of 3." But there's no rating listed for the gyromount on that page. I'm assuming you get the normal 6 points of Recoil Compensation for a gyromount here. Correct?

Thanks in advance, SR4, see sig, yadda yadda.
Medicineman
for Two Handed Weapons like Assault Rifles You use the average of you Natural and your Cyberarm. For One-Handed Weapons(Pistols, SMGs )You use your Cyberarm's Agility

"a gyro stabilization system (p. 311) with a Rating of 3."
Means you get 3 Points of Recoilcompensation.

With an Easy Dance
Medicineman
Stahlseele
Be a Troll
Two Handed Weapons become One Handed Weapons, if that hasn't been changed in SR4
Medicineman
As a Troll you can shoot Assault Rifles (or other two handed Weapons) singlehandedly but with a -1 to your Pool

HokaHejahey
Medicineman
Stahlseele
which would probably still net a higher pool than the average of base and augmentated attribute in most cases, right? O.o
Medicineman
this MIGHT be possible,but not necessarily

with a Maybe Dance
Medicineman
Stahlseele
Two hands:
3+6=9/2=4,5 if rounded down 4. if rounded up 5.
One hand: 6 - 1 for firing single handedly. If attributes are rounded up while averaging, there is no difference.
If they are rounded down, you get one more D6 to shoot with using only one hand instead of both of them.
Medicineman
You round UP

with Up,Up& Away Dance
Medicineman
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 28 2009, 03:38 PM) *
You round UP

with Up,Up& Away Dance
Medicineman

*citation needed*?
Dakka Dakka
Actually that is wrong:
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 343')
in any other case, take the average value of all limbs involved in the task (round down).

A particularly mean or cyberlimb-averse GM may even rule that using a two-handed weapon is a case of:
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 343')
If a task requires the careful coordination of several limbs, use the value of the weakest limb.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 28 2009, 08:47 AM) *
which would probably still net a higher pool than the average of base and augmentated attribute in most cases, right? O.o

If the natural limb is 3 or more points below the cyber, shooting 1 handed will have the larger DP.
If the natural limb is 2-1 below the cyber, shooting 1 handed or using both hands will have the same size DP.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Sep 28 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Actually that is wrong:

A particularly mean or cyberlimb-averse GM may even rule that using a two-handed weapon is a case of:

@Medicineman: *blllllllllllllllll* i was right and you were not nya nya nya nya nya nyaaa!!! ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012