Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essential item for every runner
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
Check out the latest Ig Nobel Prizes, especially the Publice Health prize won by Dr. Elena Bodnar.
The Dragon Girl
*snrks* Well. It -would- be useful.
Tachi
Wow... You just gave me a valid reason to ask a woman if I can stick my face in her cleva- *slap*... nevermind.
TheOOB
It's an interesting idea, but I doubt it will every catch on. A folding pocket gas mask would make more sense.
SincereAgape
This can be useful in certain situations.
exSaint
Remember when the Nobel Prize used to mean something?

And the runner up was basically a study on how likely beer bottles are to break?
tisoz
QUOTE (exSaint @ Oct 4 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Remember when the Nobel Prize used to mean something?

And the runner up was basically a study on how likely beer bottles are to break?

Well, they weren't the actual Nobel awards, it was a Harvard university publication that decided the honors.
Sperethiel
They are more for comic purposes; the Ig Nobel Prize is a parody. I think they broadcast them yearly too on public radio.
TheOOB
The Ig Noble prizes are specifically for stuff that might be cool, interesting, or useful, but would never be feature in the noble prizes.
exSaint
Well shit. I didn't realize these were the Ig Nobel prizes. That makes me feel a bit better.

Thanks for the heads up
Stahlseele
Wasn'T the winner why Pregnant women don't fall over?
tisoz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 4 2009, 11:18 AM) *
Wasn'T the winner why Pregnant women don't fall over?

I understood it to be like the actual Nobel, with recipients in several categories, so several winners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012