Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sixth World Music
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Joe Chummer
I was wondering, has anyone ever written/recorded music that the author ascribes to one of the fictional bands in Shadowrun, as sort of a fan-made SR soundtrack?

For example, has anyone recorded a fan-made Concrete Dreams song? What about Speed Coma? Maria Mercurial? One of the esoteric-sounding Amerindian bands? Or maybe some trog rock, if one feels like bleeding from the ears?

I've seen a few (non-SR) novels for which fans have written and recorded "soundtracks." Why not Shadowrun?
Weaver95
On the topic of 'gamer music', I know that waaaay back in the day White Wolf put together a 'goth/rock' album. each song on the CD was done by a different band and each track represented themes related to one of the major vampire clans.

To my knowledge nobody has ever pulled together anything specifically related to shadowrun music. which isn't to say that it hasn't been done, just that i've never heard of it. But if I had to guess, you could go find that old billy idol album where he went all cyberpunk. can't remember the name of the album, but the title track was 'Neuromancer'. i'm sure you can find all sorts of other techno/industral tracks all over the place to fill in the blanks.
Backgammon
There was in fact a Shadowrun CD. It was all kinda electronic music, ambient sorta tone, I forget the artists, Alex something.
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Weaver95 @ Oct 4 2009, 09:38 PM) *
On the topic of 'gamer music', I know that waaaay back in the day White Wolf put together a 'goth/rock' album. each song on the CD was done by a different band and each track represented themes related to one of the major vampire clans.

To my knowledge nobody has ever pulled together anything specifically related to shadowrun music. which isn't to say that it hasn't been done, just that i've never heard of it. But if I had to guess, you could go find that old billy idol album where he went all cyberpunk. can't remember the name of the album, but the title track was 'Neuromancer'. i'm sure you can find all sorts of other techno/industral tracks all over the place to fill in the blanks.

You mean "Cyberpunk"? Yeah, I've got that. But it reeks too much of the late 80's for me to take it seriously as SR music. Also, nothing on that album screams "synthlink" to me smile.gif
Joe Chummer
Not exactly the same as my topic, but I just found this and thought I'd share. A SR player's list of rock songs that fits various Sixth World themes: http://www.ci-n.com/~jcampbel/rpgs/shadowrun/srmusic.html
Method
First, THIS thread has an extensive discussion of Shadowrun-inspired music.

Second, check out the link in my thread about how to use the Search Function. wink.gif
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 4 2009, 10:09 PM) *
First, THIS thread has an extensive discussion of Shadowrun-inspired music.

Second, check out the link in my thread about how to use the Search Function. wink.gif

I appreciate the link, but seeing as how my question was a bit more narrow in focus than just a simple "Hey, what kind of SR-ish music is out there?" discussion from over 4 years ago, I opted to start a new thread.
Method
No need to get defensive, man. Just giving you a helpful pointer.
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 4 2009, 10:43 PM) *
No need to get defensive, man. Just giving you a helpful pointer.

Wasn't trying to be defensive. Just pointing out why I made a new thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012