Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online resources (6th world wiki is gone?) - (Topic Merge)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ethandrul
Ok, so howdy- this is my 1st post.

I am working on a SR 4th campaign, and I was looking for online resources and found this site- and an online wiki- now the 6th world wiki is gone for some reason. any idea when it will be back?
the_real_elwood
It's probably some residual issues from the server switch that Dumpshock did a week ago. I've got to imagine that the Sixth World Wiki will be back up soon.
Bull
Sort of. When Mark was moving files, he realized the WIki software hadn't been updated in some time, which can be a security flaw. We're planning to get it updated and put back online, but the folks who can do that have all been very busy IRL. Getting the forums up and running was a priority. The Wiki, not quite as much, as it doesn't see nearly as much use as it should.

Speaking of though, when we do get it back online, we're hoping to start getting it beefed up. I'd love to see it become THE major online information resource for Shadowrun, ala Memory Alpha for Star Trek or Wookiepedia for Star Wars.

Bull
Adarael
Yay, that was always my favorite thing about it. smile.gif About one out of every three games, we'll be doing something crazy and wierd and someone will ask a strange question that I don't immediately know: "What's the population of the AGS?" or "When did Holly Brighton first interview Dunkelzahn" or even "Where is Proteus AG's main headquarters?" and rather than dig through a stack of books, I'd just point my smartphone at the 6th World Wiki.
wizwyrm
I love the wiki, I use it whenever it has a use. I designed the entire campaign in Chicago off the sprawl's write up on the wiki.
JanessaVR
Please tell me that it hasn’t been deleted or something. I haven't been back here for some time, but it's absence has me concerned. Does anyone here know what happened to it?

Thanks,

Janessa
The Dragon Girl
they just haven't put it back up again yet from the server move
Mr. Man
It only goes up to 2058, but until the wiki returns you might find the Timeline Explorer useful:

http://marcucci.homeserver.com/archive/Arc...plorerIndex.php

I'm using it right now to devise a background for a new SR3 character.

Bull
Had a second thread about this, so merged em. smile.gif
Bull
OK, the Wiki is updated and back up. Tell Neuron Basher thank you smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012