Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possesion tradition rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ghostapathy
I am creating a possesion tradition for my character. As I was looking over other possesion traditions I noticed that all of them use task spirits as their manipulation spirit. I was wonder if that was a rule. You must use a task spirit as your manipulation spirit in a possesion tradition? Also, can a character summon outside of their tradition. For example, summon a spirit of man when spirits of man aren't one of the traditions spirits.
Karoline
No and no.

AFAIK it isn't a requirement for possession traditions to have task spirits as their manipulation spirit, just coincidence (and the fact that there are only a handful of possession spirits)

And no, you cannot summon a spirit that is outside your tradition. If your tradition doesn't have fire spirits as one of its five spirits, then you can't summon fire spirits, period.
Marwynn
Watcher Spirits (those annoying ones) are available to everyone, but yes you're limited to your tradition's spirits.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 7 2009, 08:34 AM) *
No and no.

AFAIK it isn't a requirement for possession traditions to have task spirits as their manipulation spirit, just coincidence (and the fact that there are only a handful of possession spirits)

And no, you cannot summon a spirit that is outside your tradition. If your tradition doesn't have fire spirits as one of its five spirits, then you can't summon fire spirits, period.

only If you fight a Fire Spirit ,....(Verdammt was heisst verbannen ? Dismiss ?) ...Abjure it and Summon it immediatelay afterwards and Bind it,thats the only way to have a Spirit outside your own Tradition

HokaHey
Medicineman
Marwynn
I think you're looking for the word 'Banish'. Nifty idea by the way, didn't think of that.
pbangarth
What has the practice of banishing off-tradition spirits and taking them over afterward been labeled here in Dumpshock, Pokémoning?
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 8 2009, 04:10 PM) *
What has the practice of banishing off-tradition spirits and taking them over afterward been labeled here in Dumpshock, Pokémoning?

biggrin.gif I choose you, spirit of man!

I mean I guess that is what mages do for all their spirits though. :shrug:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012