Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 20th Anniversary/Running Wild
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zhan Shi
I have just finished reading my copies of the SR 20th Anniversary Edition and Running Wild. They were both outstanding, in all respects. I just wanted to say "Good Job!" to everyone involved. Keep it up.
MJBurrage
I very much like SR4A, Seattle 2072, and Running Wild.

I do wish that Running Wild was a hardcover, and they should have errataed HMHVV III to be injection vector, with a footnote that it's effectively contact vector only IF the target is wounded.

As it stands, the sixth world would become World War Z, if HMHVV III were used as written. (For a debate on the topic find one of the past threads.)
JM Hardy
Glad you enjoyed them! I'll spread the kudos around to those involved!

Jason H.
Prime Mover
Still reading my way through my shiney new Running Wild and lovin it. Hard cover would have been great but I'm happy to have it in my hands.
Grinder
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Oct 8 2009, 09:53 PM) *
I do wish that Running Wild was a hardcover, and they should have errataed HMHVV III to be injection vector, with a footnote that it's effectively contact vector only IF the target is wounded.

As it stands, the sixth world would become World War Z, if HMHVV III were used as written. (For a debate on the topic find one of the past threads.)

That got figured out here by Frank Trollmann iirc and a few others - sadly that had been after the book had been sent off to the printers.
Malachi
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 9 2009, 03:14 PM) *
That got figured out here by Frank Trollmann iirc and a few others - sadly that had been after the book had been sent off to the printers.

Except that it had been printed as a Contact vector in Runner's Companion long before, so Running Wild isn't really to blame. I guess it just took that long for people to notice it...
BlueMax
I would buy another copy of Running Wild if I could get it in Hardcover.

If I could get it in hardcover with more art, I would pay $70 for it. Though I do not assume anyone else would. As it stands I just pull up my old Paranormal Animals books but I feel sorry for newer players who lack said resources.

BlueMax
/who spends all of his money on gaming
Grinder
QUOTE (Malachi @ Oct 9 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Except that it had been printed as a Contact vector in Runner's Companion long before, so Running Wild isn't really to blame. I guess it just took that long for people to notice it...

I stand corrected.
Thanee
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Oct 8 2009, 09:53 PM) *
I very much like SR4A, Seattle 2072, and Running Wild.

Ah, Seattle 2072 is coming out this month. Good to know. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Oct 9 2009, 11:40 PM) *
If I could get it in hardcover with more art, I would pay $70 for it. Though I do not assume anyone else would. As it stands I just pull up my old Paranormal Animals books but I feel sorry for newer players who lack said resources.

/agreed (havn't seen Running Wild yet, though)

Hardcover is always nice, and Running Wild seems more like a "core book" (i.e. same line as Street Magic, Augmentation, and the likes) to me, too.

Also lots of illustrations are a good idea in a "monster book". smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Borbag
I just got my copy of 20th anniversary through mail and...
well, i'm out of words. if this wasn't worth all the waiting and spending, i don't know what is.
Grinder
In general I like the art of Running Wild, with the exception of that piece on page 15.
toturi
I must say that I am impressed with both SR4A and Running Wild. SR4A has artwork that is impressive even to me (since I tend to gloss over artwork and focus on the meat of the material), while Running Wild is remarkable in a different manner, I love the amount of material in the book - both fluff and mechanics. Excellent job.
Cardul
Yup! And I am looking forward tot he 21st Anniversary LE because of the quality of SR4A!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012