Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injection Dart Houserule
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DeadWire
Injection Darts need get two net hits on the ranged combat opposed test to penetrate armour, and thus inject whatever they're carrying.

This strikes me as kind of ridiculous. Why should fancy tranquilliser darts penetrate better than armour-piercing bullets?

So, I came up with a possible houserule:

Darts roll damage resistance as normal. If it doesn't exceed modified armour, whatever is contained in the dart is wasted and has no effect on the subject.

This requires damage values for darts, though, and I'm blanking on possible values.
Karoline
Hmm, personally I think that the darts should required a called shot that completely (Or at least mostly) bypasses armor. I figure the darts could come in normal and AP verities (The AP wouldn't be all that rare or restricted like AP bullets are) to make it easier to pierce armor. I suppose your right though, they should likely have some small damage value that has to allow the dart to cause P damage (Even if it is all soaked). Maybe something like 3 or 4 to allow for going through regular clothing and such.

Yeah, 3P -0 are your regular darts, and 3P -4 are your AP darts, the objective is to not have the damage changed from P to S and the dart goes through. Judicious use of the called shot rules should allow you to get through most light armor without a great deal of difficulty, but it will take a real pro to get past serious armor. I think that works much better than 'I rolled two hits, my dart pierces your heavy mil-spec armor and the FFBA underneath it.' You know, unless we're using depleted uranium tips or something.
Prime Mover
We had a long topic here.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...amp;hl=dartguns

Asked question during last dev chat about it but got no reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012